I need expert advice on........

Post by Patti L » Thu, 17 Aug 1995 04:00:00

I have a power mac 6100 and i use Alias Sketch! for rendering scenes.
What I was wondering is what is a recommended animator for importing my
sketch scene and then animating it.  E-mail me or something.

I need expert advice on........

Post by Dong Ki » Sat, 19 Aug 1995 04:00:00

>I have a power mac 6100 and i use Alias Sketch! for rendering scenes.
>What I was wondering is what is a recommended animator for importing my
>sketch scene and then animating it.  E-mail me or something.

If yoou have access to Alias on the SGI, Sketch StyleguideExport files
will come right in w/ CVs and NURBS.  Otherwise any animation program
that accept dxf will work.  InfiniD, ElectricImage (which will read
StyleguideExport files), Strata, etc.  You should convert to polygons
and then export your model.

Dong Kim
I'm thinking, but nothing's happening...

www.pacificnet.net/~dkim (under heavy construction)

213-555-yah right!!!

1. Need expert advice.

Dear OpenGL Programmers:

Please excuse this 'novice looking for help' type of message, but I'm a novice
looking for help.

I'm developing a graphics/visualization/animation application as part of my
grad. school research, and I'm using OpenGL on an Indigo2 (running IRIX 6.1,
I think).  I'm just learning C++ and I think I want to use the ViewKit class
library to help me build my app.  I've studied the online docs on OpenGL, but
I'm having trouble with ViewKit.  I haven't been able to find any specific
docs about merging OpenGL and ViewKit on SGI's web page either.  Maybe I'm
going about this wrong and I should not use ViewKit.  Can anyone offer
some advice about the best way to get started with app development, or suggest
any documentation specific to developing an application in IRIX with OpenGL
and ViewKit?

Thanks very much for you time,
--
---------------------------------------
Anthony J. Petrella

---------------------------------------

2. Q: does the DPS PAR work for Alpha?

3. Need expert advice on VCR choice!

4. New changes and links at our site. Have a look.

5. Serv. Bureau or my scanner? Need expert advice.

6. Good Site

7. nVida Riva 2D/3D cards in MAX2 need expert advice.

8. 16mm resolution

9. Need Mac to PC graphics expert advice

10. Expert Mac advice needed.

11. Expert advice needed for project with MSP 6.5 and DVD Workshop

12. Looking for experts advice: becoming professional graphics programmer

13. I need to create visual aids for Sunday School Classes - Need advice on software to buy