what is baking?

Post by ore » Sun, 23 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Does anybody have a short answer?

what is baking?

Post by MG » Sun, 23 Apr 2000 04:00:00

It's like when you have a dynamical animation of (example) particles and
when you want to convert them to keyframes you call it 'baking the
animation.'
(If I'm wrong [anybody], please tell us both!)

Greetings,

MG
http://www.marcogb.cistron.nl

what is baking?

Post by Daric Pries » Sun, 23 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>It's like when you have a dynamical animation of (example) particles and
>when you want to convert them to keyframes you call it 'baking the
>animation.'
>(If I'm wrong [anybody], please tell us both!)

That's exactly right. It's automatic keyframing of a dynamic action.
See the sea lion (Salty's not a seal!) tututorial.

dp

Which tool is best: a standard screwdriver or a Phillip's?

what is baking?

Post by Garabato Desig » Mon, 24 Apr 2000 04:00:00

You can also bank constraints, expressions and IK handles into joint
rotations and transforms on a skeleton. The general idea of banking is
to reduce the animation to simple keyframes when other types of
animation (dynamics, IK, expressions etc) are used.

> It's like when you have a dynamical animation of (example) particles and
> when you want to convert them to keyframes you call it 'baking the
> animation.'
> (If I'm wrong [anybody], please tell us both!)

> Greetings,

> MG
> http://www.marcogb.cistron.nl

what is baking?

Post by Ignacio Zamora Góme » Mon, 24 Apr 2000 04:00:00

    Hello:

    It might also be useful in order to export the animation to other file
formats, such as VRML. We had problems trying the Explorer and Communicator
understand our IK animations exported into VRML files, so we had to bake
them first.

1. Bake Softbodies bake cloth

  Hello

                Im looking for a technique that will Bake Softbodies and
cloth animation. I have tried to use the bakesoft.mel, and
bakecloth.mel, but neither of them work. I'm currently rendering a scene
that has a number of softbody dynamics with collide, and a simulated
cloth object. For every frame the batch renderer will cycle through the
whole animation to the current render frame. Is there a solution for
this issue? I just cant imagine that it haves to cycle over the complete
animation every time. If any of you maya professionals have a solution,
please email me.

Frank Bonniwell
Black BOX FX studio

2. Hide option in 3DS Max

3. Hi, I am doing a paper on 3D-boards, and I am looking for definitions

4. ViSC'97 - extended deadline!

5. Bake your texturemaps with Air 2.2!

6. color and size of bitmap in menuitems

7. compiled version of bake.c for windows?

8. Any way to run with 8Mb RAM??

9. Texture coordinates for baking large polygonal models?

10. How do I bake ambient light information?

11. The bake off

12. Corrupted TIFF files when baking up