Maya Fur data file information

Post by Nicholas Yu » Wed, 18 Jun 2003 20:43:00

I understand that Maya writes out some data file for use in it's fur
rendering process and that MTOR/UltraFur possibly uses that file to generate
the RIB.

Where can I find out more about the format of Maya Fur data file.

Cheers
--
YUE, Tan Meng (Nicholas)
http://users.tpg.com.au/tmyue

1. fur problem: maya doesn't render fur

Hi,

 I'm completly new to the Maya enviroment. As a first movement, I
wanted to create a furry sphere -one of the aspects I found really
appealing in Maya -. I supposed that should be not that hard.
 After getting no fur at all, I read all what I had on my hands. I set
a spot light, I make sure in the fur that the "render fur" switch is
on, and I select appropiate colors for hair. But when I render the
image, what I get is a simple sphere, without any fur..

 Any help / commetary would be really appreciated.

Regards,

   - Juancho

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. rolling objects

3. Generating audio-visual information from text data files.

4. American Multinationals have corrupted Australia

5. Embedding information into tiff raw data image file

6. Face2Day

7. how to made in maya vet fur ?

8. Fur like Maya

9. maya 4,5U fur - troubles