MotionBlur in Reflection with Raytracing

MotionBlur in Reflection with Raytracing

Post by tad.. » Tue, 18 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Can't Maya motionblur objects appear in reflection with raytracing??
With the default settings, it doesn't. If it's possible, could anyone
teach me how??

Thanks,
Tadao

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

MotionBlur in Reflection with Raytracing

Post by MG » Wed, 19 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Can't Maya motionblur objects appear in reflection with raytracing??

Maya only can reflect and/or refract motion blur if it is (true) raytraced
3D motion-blur...
As you know the 2D motion-blur is a compositing effect.

Quote:> With the default settings, it doesn't. If it's possible, could anyone
> teach me how??

Just switch on 3D raytraced motion-blur on in the render globals and
offcourse switch on raytracing.

That's all, I thought the default for motion-blur was 3D and raytraced in
Maya?

Greetings,

MG
http://www.marcogb.cistron.nl

MotionBlur in Reflection with Raytracing

Post by tad.. » Wed, 19 Apr 2000 04:00:00

thanks for your reply.

Quote:> Maya only can reflect and/or refract motion blur if it is
> (true) raytraced 3D motion-blur...
> As you know the 2D motion-blur is a compositing effect.

Well, I'm saying that the 3D motionblur doesn't work. :-(
Because 2D one is post process, it blurs entire frame including
reflections. But 2D isn't accurate....

If you suspect, please try it with a simple scene (a ball and a mirror).

Tadao

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

MotionBlur in Reflection with Raytracing

Post by Eric Pete » Thu, 20 Apr 2000 04:00:00

It didn't work in Alias and it doesn't work in Maya...Raytrace reflections
and 3D motion blur are a no go

Eric

> thanks for your reply.

> > Maya only can reflect and/or refract motion blur if it is
> > (true) raytraced 3D motion-blur...
> > As you know the 2D motion-blur is a compositing effect.

> Well, I'm saying that the 3D motionblur doesn't work. :-(
> Because 2D one is post process, it blurs entire frame including
> reflections. But 2D isn't accurate....

> If you suspect, please try it with a simple scene (a ball and a mirror).

> Tadao

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

1. Raytracing w/ MotionBlur

Has anyone else encountered horrible dithering using raytracing and
motion blur... specifically with raytraced shadows?  In any situation,
even with just a sphere, I find that anytime I raytrace a motion blurred
object with shadows I get all kinds of shadow artifacts, appearing
mostly as black streaks and spots over my object.  Is this a bug, or
just a product of a poor rendering settings?

andrew

______________________
Andrew Sinagra  |  Radium

2. website critique pleaze!!

3. raytracing and specular reflection

4. New Filters?

5. PRMan Non-Raytraced Reflections

6. Freelance animators wanted

7. set up raytraced blurred reflections in max?

8. Raytraced reflections + Combustion

9. how to create dull raytrace reflections?

10. raytrace reflections

11. raytraced reflections help