Walking Tutorial

Post by djmasala.co » Tue, 27 May 2003 05:11:03

Hi,
     Does anyone know of a decent site (for a beginner) that has a tutorial
on how to make a character animate and walk?  I have modelled my character
and added all necessary joints/handles.
One more thing, once I've animated it, how do I render it to make an AVI
file?  I have done this once before, but can't remember!

Thanks for your help...
--
www.djmasala.com

Walking Tutorial

Post by tgentr » Tue, 27 May 2003 16:39:55

Issue 37 of 3D World has a nice tutorial on the walk cycle done by the guys
at Aardman (Chicken Run etc..) if you can get your hands on it. It might be
online at www.3dworldmag.com. Other than that these are good places to check
out:

www.highend3d.com
http://www.boris3d.de/tutorials.html

As for outputing to .AVI, I usually just render the individual frames as
.IFF or Targas and then convert in Fcheck.

Quote:> Hi,
>      Does anyone know of a decent site (for a beginner) that has a
tutorial
> on how to make a character animate and walk?  I have modelled my character
> and added all necessary joints/handles.
> One more thing, once I've animated it, how do I render it to make an AVI
> file?  I have done this once before, but can't remember!

> Thanks for your help...
> --
> www.djmasala.com

Walking Tutorial

Post by djmasala.co » Thu, 29 May 2003 02:23:32

Thanks tgenrty, that boris site is excellent!!  Unfortunately though, the
walk cycle wasnt on the 3dworldmag site you mentioned.....

One more thing, how do I actually render my file?  What process do I go
through?  i.e. what menus and options do I click in order to get the AVI
file?  And how long would a 20 second maya file take to render?

Thanks for your time...

> Issue 37 of 3D World has a nice tutorial on the walk cycle done by the
guys
> at Aardman (Chicken Run etc..) if you can get your hands on it. It might
be
> online at www.3dworldmag.com. Other than that these are good places to
check
> out:

> www.highend3d.com
> http://www.boris3d.de/tutorials.html

> As for outputing to .AVI, I usually just render the individual frames as
> .IFF or Targas and then convert in Fcheck.

> > Hi,
> >      Does anyone know of a decent site (for a beginner) that has a
> tutorial
> > on how to make a character animate and walk?  I have modelled my
character
> > and added all necessary joints/handles.
> > One more thing, once I've animated it, how do I render it to make an AVI
> > file?  I have done this once before, but can't remember!

> > Thanks for your help...
> > --
> > www.djmasala.com

Walking Tutorial

Post by TomRydbe » Sat, 31 May 2003 04:05:24

Quote:>One more thing, how do I actually render my file?  What process do I go
>through?  i.e. what menus and options do I click in order to get the AVI
>file?  And how long would a 20 second maya file take to render?

You need to find the Render Globals window and change the setting to AVI there.
 See your online help for details.

As far as time to render, no one can answer that question for you.  It depends
on what size resolution you choose to render at, how complex your scene is, the
speed of your computer hardware and a bunch of other factors.  You'll just have
to try it to find out how long it takes.

- Tom

1. 4 legged walk tutorials?

I am on the lookout for some 4 legged walk cycle tutorials. Any
suggestions? Good traditional stuff and 3d, and maybe even Muybridge.
Thanks in advanced!
MAY THE ART SPIRIT BE WITH YOU.......ALWAYS
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/7381

2. Understanding Pointers

3. WALK CYCLE AND BONING TUTORIAL

4. Compression Factor/Encoding Question

5. Walk cycle tutorial on CG Focus

6. Tutorials for creating walking cycles using LW 5.5...?

7. tutorial on doing IK walking with goal(s)

8. tutorial for animated walking ?

9. tutorials, tutorials,... tutorials

10. tutorials, tutorials .. tutorials