Renderman Support?

Post by h.. » Sun, 20 Aug 1995 04:00:00

>I heard a rumor that 7.0 was going to provide expanded renderman support
>in its rib file output. Anybody know anything about this?

Pixar has written a renderman plug-in for V7. The Alias demonstrator at
Siggraph couldn't show it fully to me, but he told me it will show up as some
kind of lister where the user can assign shaders, tweak parameters and watch
a shader ball update(!), and even set some generally unsupported options like
gridsize and bucketsize. It sounds pretty good, but you should check it out
further with Pixar.

Renderman Support?

Post by Howard » Mon, 21 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>>>>  Pixar has written a renderman plug-in for V7. The Alias demonstrator

at
Siggraph couldn't show it fully to me, but he told me it will show up as
some
kind of lister where the user can assign shaders, tweak parameters and
watch
a shader ball update(!)  >>>>

Wow, that sounds great!!! I'll check Pixar's support on AOL & see if
there's anything. Do you know if that's just a part of 7.0 or something
which has to be purchased from Pixar?

Renderman Support?

Post by Dong Ki » Mon, 21 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>Pixar has written a renderman plug-in for V7. The Alias demonstrator at
>Siggraph couldn't show it fully to me, but he told me it will show up as some
>kind of lister where the user can assign shaders, tweak parameters and watch
>a shader ball update(!), and even set some generally unsupported options like
>gridsize and bucketsize. It sounds pretty good, but you should check it out
>further with Pixar.

Does it include support for trimmed surfaces?  Anyone know?

Dong Kim

digital camerastand, compositing, 3d animation guy
I'm thinking, but nothing's happening...

www.pacificnet.net/~dkim (under heavy construction)

213-555-yah right!!!

Renderman Support?

Post by Antoine Du » Tue, 22 Aug 1995 04:00:00

: Does it include support for trimmed surfaces?  Anyone know?

RIB TrimCurves are already being successfully written with Alias v6.

-- Antoine

1. Any chance of Renderman support on NT?

Anybody know it there is a chance or a glimmer of hope that some
Renderman
implementation will be ported to NT? (intel or other)

I went to the Siggraph Renderman lecture by Larry Gritz, and was amazed
at the flexibility and power. Unfortunately we use PC's and 3D-studio..
(no linux :( ) so i cannot run renderman--and i was hoping since
Softimage (maybe soon?) and 3DS MAX are on NT that someone would help
us poor wannabe shader hackers out.

So any word of hope available?

Thanks for any info.

ciao Christopher

--

                                            ...the truth is out there...
                                                  _deny everything_

2. help on these questions

3. renderman not support field rendering?

4. Heart of Vector: Joe's tut

5. Pixar support RenderMan on the NeXT Mac OPENSTEP?

6. Seeking Gothic Graphics

7. MAXX supporting Renderman

8. renderman compaion, or advanced renderman?

9. Does Advanced renderman cover everthing in Renderman Companion ?

10. PR RENDERMAN 3.9 AND RENDERMAN ARTIST TOOLS 4.0

11. PR RENDERMAN 3.9 RENDERMAN AND ARTIST TOOLS 4.0