rendering in layers

Post by Sy » Sat, 14 Jun 2003 04:58:31

Hi everyone,
I wonder if you can help me with this one: I was trying to render the color
and shadows separately to edit the shadows aside, but the shadow render is
all black. What is going on?
Thanks in advance for any help you want to give me.

rendering in layers

Post by Theo » Sat, 14 Jun 2003 15:33:41

Quote:> Hi everyone,
> I wonder if you can help me with this one: I was trying to render the
> color and shadows separately to edit the shadows aside, but the shadow
> render is all black. What is going on?
> Thanks in advance for any help you want to give me.

when you render shadows, the color will be all black (which is the default
color of the shadow - unless you changed it), the alpha channel will be
where the shadow falls.

1. Rendering in Layers - Tutorial??

Heya All,

Was wondering if anyone could point me to a good tutorial for rendering
in layers in LW for compositing in another program (Photoshop/After
Effects).  I definitely understand the benefits (extensive use in
Photoshop) but have never attempted this in LW.

Could someone point me to a good online Tutorial or even a page number
in the LW 6 manuals or Inside L[6] - I haven't gotten through those
books completely yet.

...Pete

2. LCC & OpenGL

3. render-layers and display-layers

4. Stitching BezierPatches smoothly?

5. layers layers layers

6. L6 in NH Tonight

7. layers, layers, layers

8. Progress bars

9. layers layers layers PS 4 vs merge

10. What happened to Render Layer???

11. Moving multiple layers of rendered text

12. Dual CPU layers rendering

13. saving render layers/colour channels....please help