Intergraph high power machines announced...

Intergraph high power machines announced...

Post by Alexander Bigot » Mon, 27 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I was just told that Intergraph is going to announce a new
workstation with 10 times the graphic power of their current top
graphic card (VX113).
I think this will be a BIG problem for SGI.....
(btw.. right now a Intergraph TDZ 2000 with  PII 333 and a VX 113
is faster that an Octane R10k 200 with SSI Gfx, but costs just
1/5 of the SGI pricing....
think about it!)

alexx

Intergraph high power machines announced...

Post by A Tool F » Mon, 27 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>I was just told that Intergraph is going to announce a new
>workstation with 10 times the graphic power of their current top
>graphic card (VX113).
>I think this will be a BIG problem for SGI.....
>(btw.. right now a Intergraph TDZ 2000 with  PII 333 and a VX 113
>is faster that an Octane R10k 200 with SSI Gfx, but costs just
>1/5 of the SGI pricing....
>think about it!)

>alexx

how much do tdz2000s go for now

Intergraph high power machines announced...

Post by Alexander Bigot » Tue, 28 Jul 1998 04:00:00

something like 22.000 DM (something slightly over it) with the VX113
gfx (that is the fastest one.. that means the one that is faster than an Octane)

A Tool Fan schrieb:

Quote:> >I was just told that Intergraph is going to announce a new
> >workstation with 10 times the graphic power of their current top
> >graphic card (VX113).
> >I think this will be a BIG problem for SGI.....
> >(btw.. right now a Intergraph TDZ 2000 with  PII 333 and a VX 113
> >is faster that an Octane R10k 200 with SSI Gfx, but costs just
> >1/5 of the SGI pricing....
> >think about it!)

> >alexx

> how much do tdz2000s go for now

Intergraph high power machines announced...

Post by A Tool F » Wed, 29 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>something like 22.000 DM (something slightly over it) with the VX113
>gfx (that is the fastest one.. that means the one that is faster than an
>Octane)

how does that transfer to US funds

Intergraph high power machines announced...

Post by A Tool F » Wed, 29 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>I converted from NT to Irix...
>best thing I ever done :)

agreed

Sean Fennell
Fennell Industries, Inc.
Baker, Fennell & Associates

When I woke up, I wasn't hungry and I was wearing loaves of bread on my feet.

1. Future of High-End machines like SGI

Whats happening with SGI????
Will the high end market totally be sucked up by the consumer industry?.
I mean
SGI invites Nvidia to supply the graphics chip for their desktop
systems, run Intel
CPU and have WinNT and Linux as their OS. Whats left????

And the future of High-End market?? Thats an area with problems, or?
As far as I see It there will be a highEnd market (like Onyx2 etc) as
long there is anyone
willing to pay for It. But whats up right now? Domain after domain are
going over to the
PC market where the price-performance clearly outrun SGI.

I'm not opposed the PC market and the development. I'm only scared that
we will have
a situation where all the research and high-end technology will take
five steps back
since no one are interesting in paying for the development of a new
high-end graphical hardware (Infinite Reality5??)

Am I wrong?

            /Anders

2. AMD Athlon and Maya

3. FS: Power Challenge High End Server w/ Extreme graphics

4. New Coolio Web Site

5. Looking for high powered stand-alone modeller (refs/articles)

6. Request for information on TWAIN

7. SN tuning, Base Pri HIGH, was Dual CPU Rendering Power

8. High powered graphics and LapTops

9. announcing "3D Game machine"

10. ANNOUNCE: Visualize! Data Visualization Power Tools

11. Announce: WCS 4.5 Ships for Power Macintosh!