Help me about my work on 3d landscape from DEM

Help me about my work on 3d landscape from DEM

Post by dedand » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 04:09:21

This is my story:
Now i'm a beginner Maya user, i love it!
I must create a 3D valley from a DEM (digital elevation map).
I need to fly in with camera.
My problems are:

I can not see a 3dmodel terrain onto Nurbs (but i know that i can use height
field map).
But sure I must have a low level detail when i'm far from terrain with
camera.
Otherwise I must see better detail when I'm on close up. am I any
possibility to do it?
And could I join on the terrain an intelligent LOD (no poly when i don't
need ya, and many polygons when i must see mountains)....
Some Mel procedure or people who have it my same problem.... with Maya!
I bring any help anyone of you can will give me.
Thanks!

1. REQ: 3D Landscapes & DEM files

Hi,

I'm a newbie and I'm looking for information to represent 3D
landscapes like Vistapro does. I've tried voxel algo, which is fast,
but I'd like something more realistic. I would greatly appreciate any
help.

By the way, I'd like to know the structure of DEM files.

Thanks in advance.

------------------------
Jose Luis Tirado
  Bilbao, Spain

-------------------------

2. A Standard Vector/Metafile Format

3. 3D Landscapes & DEM files

4. Is there a plugin to make box gradients as opposed to spherical and linear?

5. DEM Landscape Files

6. What is a GOOD way to make 3D Clouds???

7. raytracing real (DEM) landscapes

8. Looking for texturing sample

9. USGS landscape data .DEM

10. beta 328 and fit.dem/prob.dem

11. Looking for 3d apps that read USGS DEM data

12. DEM => 3D Studio

13. DEM file conversion & 3D Web Gallery