maya renderer

Post by Johnn » Wed, 05 May 1999 04:00:00

Hi!

Short question for all professionals out there: How good is Maya's
renderer?
I heard a lot things, saw Mental ray .. but, how good is then?

Thanks

Johnny

maya renderer

Post by Pavel Oshari » Sat, 08 May 1999 04:00:00

> Short question for all professionals out there: How good is Maya's
> renderer?
> I heard a lot things, saw Mental ray .. but, how good is then?

it is brilliant for simple tests of AA quality, but very unstable and unpredictable when
you render large scenes.

They say that Maya 2.0 will have much better renderer and that AW got rid of troubles
found in 1.0 renderer :-\.

Also as far as I know Maya doesn't have any radiocity renderer, except exporting to RIB
and using something like BMRT renderer.
--
Pavel Osharin
DOKA media company.

http://www.doka.ru/~pavel

1. bmrt vs maya renderer

Hi folks!

- is there any good reason to use the BMRT instead of mayas inbuilt
renderer?
which one is the faster and gives better quality

- is there any incompatibility issue when talking about maya and
poweranimator?

- bmrt is a 100% renderman clone? (when about compatibility)

thanks

Ikladi Andras
-----------------

2. WANTED!!!!