4.5: surface editing tool gone haywaire

Post by Martin Heffel » Wed, 18 Jun 2003 14:21:42

G'day

I am slowly working through the Maya 4.5 Savvy book, and am trying to
construct the skull at the end of chapter 5. Now, I want to reshape
the surface around the mouth area, and want to use the Surface Editing
Tool (SET) for this. I can select a point on the surface, mess around
with the tangent manipulators, but as soon as I click the Point
Position to move the point, nothing happens. At first I thought it was
a setting, so I started a new scene with a NURBS-sphere, to test the
SET, and here it works. I am puzzled now. What could be wrong? Any
help deeply appreciated :)

cheers

-martin-
--
wannabe SFX-DP/editor,
Sydney, Australia

This space intentionally left blank

4.5: surface editing tool gone haywaire

Post by Martin Heffel » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 17:55:33

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 15:21:42 +1000, Martin Heffels

Found the answer myself. Apparently the skull was a trimmed surface.
Now that I joined it with the *cavity, I had to untrim the skull,
otherwise I could not join the two. And now I can use the Surface
Editing Tool too again.
Thanks to myself for helping me, myself and I ;-)

cheers

-m-
--
wannabe SFX-DP/editor,