Shadows disappearing behind glass

Post by anto » Wed, 16 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Can anyone help me round this

My cast Shadows are disappearing behind glass planes,making my pics
very unrealistic.
I have P.A.8.5 and would appreciate any help.

Anton

Shadows disappearing behind glass

Post by Mark Pritchar » Thu, 17 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Check your shadow limits on your shader (the ground shader which is
applied to the surfcae the shadows are falling on, not the glass shader)
and globals.

Check the manual for description of how this works and what number you
need. 10 will work, but at the expense of rendering time.

Mark.

Shadows disappearing behind glass

Post by Duncan Brinsmea » Fri, 18 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> My cast Shadows are disappearing behind glass planes,making my pics
> very unrealistic.
> I have P.A.8.5 and would appreciate any help.

Up your shadow level limit on the object recieving the shadows
to be higher than the number of glass planes in front of it.

        Duncan