ALIAS Chnages its name

Post by nirsu » Sun, 20 Jul 2003 01:25:14

hate the removal of Wavefront and the logo is not that great but at least
the web site finally gets a facelift and is now a worthy one

ALIAS Chnages its name

Post by Maximilian Schoenher » Sun, 20 Jul 2003 05:11:37

Quote:>hate the removal of Wavefront and the logo is not that great but at least
>the web site finally gets a facelift and is now a worthy one

i remember the days when alias and wavefront were competing companies.
and there was TDI, player #3 in the game. all three merged in two
steps and finally soft-landed under the hood of SGI with a rather
complex name with an odd sign in the middle.

since most people preferred saying alias instead of alias|wavefront
anyway, what does it really matter to shift to "alias" officially?

i'll never forget the input by the wavefront guys anyway. greetings,
mark!

;-]

----max

ALIAS Chnages its name

Post by Zeki Mele » Sun, 20 Jul 2003 05:18:40

TDI Explorer was a good program, I started with it. Than I moved to alias
PA, and than to alias/wavefront maya. Apparently I am now using alias maya,
huh

Zeki