SGi LCD monitors, how do they rate?

Post by Nick » Thu, 17 Jul 2003 00:17:27

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of getting two '17.3" SGI 1600SW LCD Widescreen Monitors' but
i'm wondering if anyone has had experience with them. Any opinions? Cheers!

Regards,
Nick.

Post by Stephen Spenc » Thu, 17 Jul 2003 00:59:56

>I'm thinking of getting two '17.3" SGI 1600SW LCD Widescreen Monitors' but
>i'm wondering if anyone has had experience with them. Any opinions? Cheers!

They're gorgeous monitors, but you'll need one of the few compatible cards
to use them, OR the SGI MultiLink Adapter box, which allows VGA or DVI input
to the monitor.

Why? The connector on the monitor is a non-standard (pre-DVI) LVDS plug.

Stephen

  Stephen N. Spencer
  Graphics System Engineer         ACM SIGGRAPH Director for Publications

SGi LCD monitors, how do they rate?

Post by Nick » Thu, 17 Jul 2003 08:33:27

I'm using a Quadro4 980 XGL! I've emailed SGi enquiring about if there is
issues with this particular card but as yet no response. I'm getting into
poly modelling for my own games, do you know how they rate in things like
Counter Strike? Will CS support such a screen?

Nick.

> >I'm thinking of getting two '17.3" SGI 1600SW LCD Widescreen Monitors'
but
> >i'm wondering if anyone has had experience with them. Any opinions?
Cheers!

> They're gorgeous monitors, but you'll need one of the few compatible cards
> to use them, OR the SGI MultiLink Adapter box, which allows VGA or DVI
input
> to the monitor.

> Why? The connector on the monitor is a non-standard (pre-DVI) LVDS plug.

> Stephen

> --
>   Stephen N. Spencer
>   Graphics System Engineer         ACM SIGGRAPH Director for Publications

SGi LCD monitors, how do they rate?

Post by Tom » Thu, 17 Jul 2003 10:10:00

There is a page listing all cards compatible with maya on the
aliaswavefront.com page under support. I dont think workstation cards are
good for games, but I could be wrong.

> I'm using a Quadro4 980 XGL! I've emailed SGi enquiring about if there is
> issues with this particular card but as yet no response. I'm getting into
> poly modelling for my own games, do you know how they rate in things like
> Counter Strike? Will CS support such a screen?

> Nick.

> > >I'm thinking of getting two '17.3" SGI 1600SW LCD Widescreen Monitors'
> but
> > >i'm wondering if anyone has had experience with them. Any opinions?
> Cheers!

> > They're gorgeous monitors, but you'll need one of the few compatible
cards
> > to use them, OR the SGI MultiLink Adapter box, which allows VGA or DVI
> input
> > to the monitor.

> > Why? The connector on the monitor is a non-standard (pre-DVI) LVDS plug.

> > Stephen

> > --

> --
> >   Stephen N. Spencer
> >   Graphics System Engineer         ACM SIGGRAPH Director for
Publications
> >   The University of Washington   206.616.3281

1. Matrox G450 32DDR or nvidia ultra 64DDR WITH SGI LCD monitor 1600 SW

I am considering purchasing a  SGI LCD monitor 1600 SW
I would like to  know your opinion on this subject

1.
Did somebody try to use a dual head video board like Matrox G450 with
2 LCD adapter, using Multibox and analogue signal? what are the
results in terms of graphics, resolution? Can SGI run 1600x1024?

2.
Did somebody try to use Winfast NVIDIA 64DDR or 32DDR video board with
one SGI LCD adapter, using Multibox and analogue signal?

3.
Anyone did try to couple a DVI video card to multibox and then to
LVDS?
How does it work?
Since SGI was designed to use his proprietary Digital Standard, how
does it behave with DVI, compared to a # nine board?

4.
Any news of #nine? Surely dead or not?

please reply to e-mail also

2. SoOffscreenRenderer

3. Monitor Calibration, Photshop Workspace, LCD monitor

4. Running gnuplot with an external file...

5. Antialiasing - Ever done it on a color LCD?

6. How to use a GIF file in a specified plane

7. Screen saver on LCD monitor

8. Contact Sheet

9. Analog and Digital LCD Monitors

10. LCD monitor