Maya Renderer

Post by Lambis Stratoudaki » Wed, 25 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hi!

I am a user of Softimage 3D and after a Demostration of Maya
i play with the Idee to chance 3D Software.
But with this what I have see I was not very hapy with the Renderer.
I find Mental Ray Renderer better that the Maya Renderer
specialy Mental Ray 2.0.
But I dont know very whell the maya Renderer so I am maybe
not Objectiv.
Maya Renderer is very slow and makking Shaders is not so easy.
I see the deep potencial to make komplexe shaders in Maya
with Infos from Objects, Lights, Cameras but only to change
from Phong to Blinn is not easy
Again I say that I dont know very whell the maya Renderer so I am maybe
not Objectiv.
So I whant to ask all the Maya users what experience they have with the
Maya
Renderer, (Multilister, Texturing Rendering in Layers, Speed of renderer

and compare to Alias Renderer)

I hope that all of you are opjectiv with me and dont beginn a fight
like Soft this Maya that..

Lambi

Maya Renderer

Post by Peter Muyzer » Thu, 26 Nov 1998 04:00:00

>I am a user of Softimage 3D and after a Demostration of Maya
>i play with the Idee to chance 3D Software.

Wait for Maya 2.0 (Will be demonstrated at NAB '99? Anyone can confirm
this?). A|W is working on rendering optimization right now AND 2.0 will have
an IPR-like shader interface - which will be more intuitive than the
Multi-lister.
Or, if your budget allows, get Renderman and MTOR.

Peter

--
Peter Muyzers
 Technical Director

http://users.skynet.be/def

Engstegenseweg 88/2
3520 Zonhoven
Belgium
+32-11-812 796

* Reality is merely an illusion,
  albeit a very persistent one *
             - Albert Einstein

1. bmrt vs maya renderer

Hi folks!

- is there any good reason to use the BMRT instead of mayas inbuilt
renderer?
which one is the faster and gives better quality

- is there any incompatibility issue when talking about maya and
poweranimator?

- bmrt is a 100% renderman clone? (when about compatibility)

thanks

Ikladi Andras
-----------------

2. Surface question

3. maya renderer...

4. BCB1 to BCB5 - Harold Howe's book - 5.1

5. Maya Renderer

6. GLUT toolkit

7. Maya renderer: what's wrong with it?

8. TO AW, Maya Renderer 1.5 and 2.0