wire deformer to create facial control system?

wire deformer to create facial control system?

Post by Eric Eheman » Tue, 11 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Does anyone one know of a control system for * expressions based on
Maya's wire deformer?  Rather than pulling points to create morph
targets and shifting shapes, I'm interested in creating a system of wire
deformers and programming movements in Maya's dope sheet. Thereby I will
be able to use my library of wire deforming poses on any model of any
character later down the road with minimal amount of tweaking.

I have had very good results using wire deformer to create my first pose
which is a  basic smile.  I thought it wise to see if anyone has done
such work before I go on with this mammoth task.  I know the benefits
could be tremendous for the next characters,  although the initial task
of creating a control system is no piece of cake.
If any one knows of such work it would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Eric Ehemann