rendering artifacts - 2.0NT

Post by Paul Gunso » Tue, 28 Dec 1999 04:00:00

i'm getting black speckled vertical lines and white specks
appearing in renders - the problems appear in a reflective
raytraced floor surface. i've tried increasing
reflection/refraction values, shading samples, aliasing levels,
(there's no shadows, transparency or motion blur in the scene).
...... ? any clues greatly appreciated :)

--
Paul Gunson
Digital Artist

rendering artifacts - 2.0NT

Post by Paul Gunso » Tue, 28 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> i'm getting black speckled vertical lines and white specks
> appearing in renders - the problems appear in a reflective
> raytraced floor surface. i've tried increasing
> reflection/refraction values, shading samples, aliasing levels,
> (there's no shadows, transparency or motion blur in the scene).
> ...... ? any clues greatly appreciated :)

no need for clues now - i've found out what it was. i had a
color map and incandescence map on the floor surface both using
quadratic filtering, which was producing the artifacts. changed
the incandescence map to mipmap and it's fine.

-----------------------
Paul Gunson
Digital Artist
NumberWorks Ltd.
Auckland
New Zealand
-----------------------

1. Radiosity rendering artifacts

Does anyone know why strange "square delineations/artefacts" occur in some
areas with radiosity set high - in BMRT specifically (2.4h windoze).  The
best example I can think of is the supplied "Cornell" rib.  In the top right
and left hand corners of the room you can see a faint but distinct square.
Can anyone tell me what this is?

I am new to BMRT, so I haven't the faintest as to 80% of the settings in a
rib (working on that - reading the spec. sheet at pixar).  I can't imagine
this is intentional though.  I will try and make an example of my own (hard
to do with the measly set of graphical tools available to work with - I LIKE
GUI's.......).

Cheers,

Harley Ewing.

2. how do i convert from hpr to ijk

3. Artifacts in rendering [Attached image]

4. gnuplot and time at the x-axis?

5. Rendering artifacts with Zygote wavefront format objects...

6. Windows2000, when ?

7. Render Artifacts With Particles and fog.

8. IRI Help Needed

9. Rendering Artifacts - Why?

10. volume rendering + transformation + perspective = artifacts

11. Volume rendering + transformation + perspective = artifacts.

12. FMP artifact problem??

13. newbie question about aliasing artifacts