dxf to maya

Post by Tom » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 23:44:19

Does anyone know where I can find a free .dxf translator for maya? I want to
import .dxf files into maya. Thanks.

Tom

dxf to maya

Post by Visual » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 06:19:29

Find the plug-in manager.  It'll have a check box that has a dxf translator.
Seems like it might be in combination with an OBJ translator, so if you cant
tell by the names of them, check them all on.

JP

dxf to maya

Post by Tom » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 07:56:01

Thanks. I did find it. Its the dwgTranslator.  I sorta works..but the
polygons cant be textured with bump maps. Very strange. I guess I have to
learn MEL ;)

Quote:> Find the plug-in manager.  It'll have a check box that has a dxf
translator.
> Seems like it might be in combination with an OBJ translator, so if you
cant
> tell by the names of them, check them all on.

> JP

dxf to maya

Post by Theo » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 16:56:47

Quote:> Thanks. I did find it. Its the dwgTranslator.  I sorta works..but the
> polygons cant be textured with bump maps. Very strange. I guess I have to
> learn MEL ;)

That might be a uv texture problem. Do imported meshes have them?

dxf to maya

Post by Tom » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 21:07:10

I tried procedural bump maps. I should have specified.

> > Thanks. I did find it. Its the dwgTranslator.  I sorta works..but the
> > polygons cant be textured with bump maps. Very strange. I guess I have
> > learn MEL ;)

> That might be a uv texture problem. Do imported meshes have them?

1. dxf to maya

I 'm working with maya and a 3d Scanner. So I have to import DXF files to
maya. I know that I have to triangulate them. My problem is that I want to
work further on with the result. Do I have to turn on shert edges or
something like that?

please write

Kristian

2. Is your computer being bugged????

3. DXF to maya

4. Has MacRenderman for PMac come out, yet?

5. Trouble importing DXF into Maya NT

6. Hats off to REM...these guys are providing a great service!

7. what is the use of export and import dxf in maya??

8. AfterEffects for Intel NT?

9. MAYA MAYA MAYA MAYA MAYA

10. Maya DXF/OBJ/VRML animation export

11. maya to DXF?