using g++ to compile alias plug-ins

Post by Mike Dogget » Wed, 27 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

I've tried using the g++ compiler to copmile alias plug-ins, but no
luck. I assume it has to do with the differences between the linking in
g++ and the mips pro c++ compiler. Does anybody know a way around this ?

thanks,

Michael Doggett

--
CONJA
8-10 Ridge Street, North Sydney 2060 NSW

WWW   : http://www.ozemail.com.au/~conja

Post by Jon Allit » Fri, 29 Nov 1996 04:00:00

> Hi,

> I've tried using the g++ compiler to copmile alias plug-ins, but no
> luck. I assume it has to do with the differences between the linking in
> g++ and the mips pro c++ compiler.

Function overloading and inheritance are handled differently by
different compilers hence they "mangle" function names to prevent
conflicts when linking. In other words if you don't have the source for
someone elses dso's then AFIK you have to use the same compiler they
did.

Quote:> Does anybody know a way around this ?

Yup buy the Irix C++ compiler :(

This is a pain at the moment as I'm on 6.2 for Alias 7.5.1 but I haven't
seen my compiler upgrade from the 5.3 version which doesn't work in 6.2.
I just hope that I can compile plug-ins which can run on 5.3 and 6.2.
--
Jon Allitt  P.O Box 11774   ph  +64 4 801 9555
JJ Graphics Wellington      fax +64 4 801 7445

1. How to Compile OpenInventor programs using g++

I need to know whether it is possible to compile Open Inventor Programs
using the g++ compiler or not. If it is possible please tell me how?

I tried compiling the Open Inventor program using gcc compiler and
it would not work.

Thanks in Advance

Gurinder

2. AGFA FOTOTUNE PROBLEM !!!

3. compiling gimp plug-ins

4. How can I export to GIF/JPG my charts ?

5. Compiling Plug-Ins

6. Stuttering LW in NT 4.0 - Resolved

7. Compiling a new plug-ins

8. alias plug ins