unwanted gridsnapping in one direction

Post by alex coche » Sat, 19 Jul 2003 19:14:38

hej,

Perhaps an easy one, but I must be overlooking sth...

No snap options enabled (status line, xcv buttons), but since shortly,
every time an object/component is translated in one direction, it
gridsnaps; more than one axis translations don't snap to grid and behave
freely.

Every info appreciated!!

Alex

unwanted gridsnapping in one direction

Post by alex coche » Sun, 20 Jul 2003 03:19:21

To be sure, I just typed snapMode -gr false, so no grid option is
selected and this is the stupid problem I'm still facing: for instance a
CV moved in XYZ direction I can place anywhere, but if I translate that
same CV (under similar circomstances) in an X or Y or Z direction, it
gridsnaps...
Problem is view independent (front, persp, ...)
Have no clue...

> hej,

> Perhaps an easy one, but I must be overlooking sth...

> No snap options enabled (status line, xcv buttons), but since shortly,
> every time an object/component is translated in one direction, it
> gridsnaps; more than one axis translations don't snap to grid and behave
> freely.

> Every info appreciated!!

> Alex

unwanted gridsnapping in one direction

Post by InfinityMachin » Sun, 20 Jul 2003 05:12:16

try this:
double click on the move tool to pop up the option box.  more than likely
its not actually grid snapping but you have have discrete move checked.
just uncheck it and you should be fine.  there are a few other snapping
options listed in the window, just uncheck them all.  hope this helps

Chris

> To be sure, I just typed snapMode -gr false, so no grid option is
> selected and this is the stupid problem I'm still facing: for instance a
> CV moved in XYZ direction I can place anywhere, but if I translate that
> same CV (under similar circomstances) in an X or Y or Z direction, it
> gridsnaps...
> Problem is view independent (front, persp, ...)
> Have no clue...

> > hej,

> > Perhaps an easy one, but I must be overlooking sth...

> > No snap options enabled (status line, xcv buttons), but since shortly,
> > every time an object/component is translated in one direction, it
> > gridsnaps; more than one axis translations don't snap to grid and behave
> > freely.

> > Every info appreciated!!

> > Alex

unwanted gridsnapping in one direction

Post by alex coche » Sun, 20 Jul 2003 15:08:19

Chris, thanks a lot!! I wasn't aware of this discrete move tool...

Alex

> try this:
> double click on the move tool to pop up the option box.  more than likely
> its not actually grid snapping but you have have discrete move checked.
> just uncheck it and you should be fine.  there are a few other snapping
> options listed in the window, just uncheck them all.  hope this helps

> Chris

>>To be sure, I just typed snapMode -gr false, so no grid option is
>>selected and this is the stupid problem I'm still facing: for instance a
>>CV moved in XYZ direction I can place anywhere, but if I translate that
>>same CV (under similar circomstances) in an X or Y or Z direction, it
>>gridsnaps...
>>Problem is view independent (front, persp, ...)
>>Have no clue...

>>>hej,

>>>Perhaps an easy one, but I must be overlooking sth...

>>>No snap options enabled (status line, xcv buttons), but since shortly,
>>>every time an object/component is translated in one direction, it
>>>gridsnaps; more than one axis translations don't snap to grid and behave
>>>freely.

>>>Every info appreciated!!

>>>Alex

1. Motion blur in one direction

Hi,
I have Photoshop 5.5 and want to create a blur in one direction only to
emphasize motion. All of the filters (except wind) I try don't seem to be
uni-directional. Is there a trick to a setting somewhere or is there a
better technique?
Rick
The "go" has gotta go

2. Beta FTP site.

3. Changing image size only in one direction?

4. OpenGL Display List Question

5. getting hpr of direction from one point to another

6. 3DSMAX2.2.5 HowToLearnIt

7. Transparancy in one direction

8. splot with surface lines in only one direction

9. Drag an object just into one direction

10. ONE PC, ONE MAN, ONE MOVIE

11. Bryce 2 question...about unwanted tiling while importing a .psd - star_goof.jpg [0/1]

12. unwanted picture