interactive texture in Maya

Post by svetlan » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 02:42:34

Hi,

I would like to have an interactive texture in Maya:
One of the surfaces in my scene has a texture mapped from a file. I
would like to be able to
1.      reload the texture dynamically in the editing window as the camera is
moved and as the light source is moved.
2.      instead of loading a texture from a file, make an external call to a
program that would return a buffer with the texture image.

Is this possible to do within Maya?

Using the expression editor I was able to write a condition: when the
light is at some location, use a specific texture from a file, but that
does not get reflected unless I play the timeline (or click on some
locations on timeline). So, this is not exactly the functionality that I
need.

Thank you,
Svetlana

http://web2news.com/?comp.graphics.apps.alias

1. Textures in NT version of Maya not readable in SGI version of Maya

How do I solve drive letter problem in SGI?  Windows connect SGI drives (my
server) as g:\texturesmatters\.  SGI connects as /disk4/texturesmatters/.
When opening a scene in SGI, it does not find textures that were mapped in
NT system.

Softimage used have linktab.ini to resolve this type of situation.  How do I
do it in Maya?  Thanks in advance for your help.

John

2. Fixed Point Math

3. MAYA MAYA MAYA MAYA MAYA

4. Copyrighting Images

5. Interactive Texture Mapping

6. moray with pov ray for windows

7. MAYA alias MAYA alias MAYA alias MAYA.........

8. gp 3.5 -> gif is easy!

9. MTOR:using texture placement info from Maya

10. texture mapping particle in Maya with Slim

11. TUTORIAL -MAYA-MAX-TEXTURE-LW-ARCHIVISION

12. Looking for Maya Texture Artist to work on CG project