ULTIMATE list of Render Farm Network Rendering Tools for Maya

ULTIMATE list of Render Farm Network Rendering Tools for Maya

Post by gm.. » Tue, 07 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Network Rendering  / Network Distribution / NT Render Farm Solutions:

http://www.vvertex.com/
I think the demo version let's you render to your hearts content on two
computers and then is $620 for unlimited computers on NT and UNIX(IRIX &
LINUX?) or $770 with a year of tech support.
Best value for mixed platform renderfarms with 3+ computers.
Slow to download DEMO

http://www.icon.co.za/~poweronx/
I'm not sure what the DEMO allows but I recall that it was $150 per
computer.
Best feature it's crossplatform.

http://www.uberware.net/smedge2
Windows Only. Render Pools. Error Correction. UI & Command Line.
$100 per computer. Good value if have 4 or less computers.
 Site license for $5000 (good if value if you have 50+ computers).
Best feature is that it will support other net renderable applications.
Two week Demo

http://www.rendercorp.com They've got GOD on their side.
$595 for first 5 license, $150 for additonal packs of  5.
Best feature is the Image Scatter which allows the network to render
chunks of  a single image.
Good value if you only have 3+ Windows machines.
Downloadable DEMO

http://www.stationxstudios.com/html/prod_soft.spider.htm
Windows Only,Pools/Group,Error correction
Supports Maya, Lightwave or Chalice but requires seperate license for
each (SUCK!)
Pro version Best features: Supports Image Slicing and command line
scripting
Standard $99 per CPU$6000 a good value if you have more than 60+ CPU's.
Pro $149 per CPU $9000 a good value if you have over 90+ cpu's
(That's right ! per CPU not per computer SUCK!)
You can request a DEMO

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Searching 3D-Rendering-Tool(Linux) for network-rendering

Hello,

I own Linux since 4 months. I'm very interested in rendering over a
network.
Is there any program under Linux or Unix which makes this possible?
Is it for free? Where can I get it?
And where can I get example-sceens to test it?
Which modeller is the best to construct sceens for it?

Hope someone can help me:-)

        Tom:-)

2. Anyone used Hollywood FX

3. Graphics Contest!

4. Maya Render Farm Available (was:Re: Platform question for the maya gurus)

5. Computer Graphics Experts Wanted - Sun Microsystems CA.

6. render farm network using NT 4.0 and Win95

7. Inside Lightwave3d

8. MAYA render farm under linux

9. Maya NT Render Farm?

10. Maya Rendering Farms???