Error codes for PA 8.5 (render errors)

Post by Chris Souku » Fri, 28 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Hi there!

Where can I find the error code descriptions for Alias PA 8.5 ?
I browsed through all books but couldn't find any infos about error
code. I my special case I have a strange entry in the errlog file
occured during rendering...it says "bus error - core dumped" ...(what
"bus"? something with the hardware?)

Thanx in advance for any help with this...

--

Ing. Christoph Soukup
Tech. Development Manager

neo Software Produktions GmbH.
Business Park Vienna
Wienerbergstrasse 7.
A-1100 Viennna
Austria

http://www.neo.at

Error codes for PA 8.5 (render errors)

Post by Thatcher Bel » Thu, 17 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I've seen PA do this in a variety of situations. Usually has something to
do with particles or animated CV's or clusters. I've found rendering in
'write multiple sdl ' allows the render to complete.

Hope it helps,
Thatcher Bell

1. Rendering bus error PA 8.5

I've got an animated character in PA 8.5 on an O2 w/ 128M of RAM that keeps
crashing when I render him. The messege is "bus error - core dumped ". When I
go into the model I can find the joint which is causing the problem and in the
action window , move the keyframes after the bad frame +.05 . This fixes the
problem until it hits the next frame where it decides there is a problem and
crashes again. Then once I have gone through the whole animation and try to
render it again , I have a whole new set of frames which cause the bus error .
What do I have to do to avoid this or debug it before rendering?

Thanks ,
Thatcher Bell

2. SGI pointer Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

3. bus error PA 8.5

4. anybody have DirectX exporter for Maya that works?

5. render error in Alias 8.5

6. Problems with OneColor Scanner 600/27

7. PA 8.5 render bug in europe -- fixed

8. 3D Physically based modelling

9. Alias PA rendering error horrors...

10. _m.saved error message for alias 8.5

11. Alias 8.5 NT gives application error

12. ERROR: renderer exited due to: segmentation fault (error code 139)

13. Get following error message : GL: X request = 62.0, error code = 9, ERROR #93 Error in communication with window server: ERR_WMANIPC - Need Help !