MEL UI Scripting question

Post by TomRydbe » Wed, 16 Jul 2003 00:15:50

Hi,

I just have a general question. Is there some type of scrolling listbox UI
component available via the mel scripting language? For example, the interface
for the Paint Skin Weights tool in Maya has a scrolling list box that displays
joint names.  How would you display a selectable scrolling list box using MEL?

Thanks,

- Tom

MEL UI Scripting question

Post by O » Sun, 20 Jul 2003 01:46:21

> Hi,

> I just have a general question. Is there some type of scrolling listbox UI
> component available via the mel scripting language? For example, the interface
> for the Paint Skin Weights tool in Maya has a scrolling list box that displays
> joint names.  How would you display a selectable scrolling list box using MEL?

> Thanks,

> - Tom

Hi,

Try textScrollList.

oj

1. Simple mel UI scripting question: radioButtonGrp

Hi,

I'm trying to create a vertically-oriented RadioButtonGrp, but can't seem to
get it to work.

For example, I'm trying to do two columns of radio button groups like this:

Radio Group1 Label      Radio Group2 Label
(o) Option 1            (o) Option 1
(  ) Option 2           (  ) Option 2
(  ) Option 3           (  ) Option 3

I have the MEL Scripting for Maya Animators book and, for testing purposes,
tried doing a single column radio button group:
string $myWindow = `window`;
columnLayout;
$myRadioButtonGrp = `radioButtonGrp -numberOfRadioButtons 3
                                -label "Radio Button Label"
                                -labelArray3 "Option 1" "Option 2" "Option 3"
                                -select 1`;
showWindow $myWindow;

Any ideas anyone?  Thanks,

- Tom