simulating an explosion

Post by Francoi » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 18:14:46

hey !

I 'd like to know if someone has an idea
about how to simulate a nice looking explosion within maya
especially making flames "rolling over" ...
I achieved to get a cool fireball growing, but it lacks
the rolling effect ...

thanks a lot !

simulating an explosion

Post by InfinityMachin » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 22:59:41

they have a couple really good fluid fx examples built into the program.
its really the only way to get particles to react that way.  i've seen it
done also with just animating textures and displacement maps but i can't
quite remember how to do that.  its in the tutorials section on the company
website.  fluid fx would probably be your best bet though

Quote:> hey !

> I 'd like to know if someone has an idea
> about how to simulate a nice looking explosion within maya
> especially making flames "rolling over" ...
> I achieved to get a cool fireball growing, but it lacks
> the rolling effect ...

> thanks a lot !

1. explosions, explosions, followed up by an all new episode of explosions

Let's face it, explosions are grand things. I've attempted many different
plug-in-free ways to create them, but I'm never quite happy.  (Check out my
latest at http://members.xoom.com/3danims/stills/explosion.htm) but I'm
wondering...what are the different ways that you people make them?...that
is, if you do. (if not, you should!)

thanks

pushstart
----------
http://welcome.to/3danims

2. PHIGS shading

3. wtd: procedural texture to simulate wood grain

4. WTD: Adobe Action Pack CDs for Windows

5. Simulating Blueprint from B/W Bitmapped file

6. Problem with Knoll Gamma

7. Simulated Flocking and Swarming using Hash's Animation Master

8. Simulating a focusing light beam in POV-ray

9. How do I simulate cloth?

10. simulate x-rays

11. Simulating a 16mm Camera Lens in POVRAY

12. Simulating refractive optics with POV