Info on College in Canada?

Post by *′ˉ`·.?.· Kevin Norton·.?.·′ˉ » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 00:59:40

Repost to Maya Newgroup:
Quote:> Has anyone experience of the computer course in Sheridan, toronto?

> I have a Diploma in Computer Graphics in Ireland, and I'd like to
> apply there next year as an In'tl Student..
> I'm big into Maya and have been using it for 2 yrs..

> Does anyone know what the college is like?
> What they look for when going through 3d portfolios?

> Also, how is the job market for 3d work at the moment on that side?

> Kind Regards
> 23webkev23

Info on College in Canada?

Post by *′ˉ`·.?.· Kevin Norton·.?.·′ˉ » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 23:54:29

Repost to Toronto ng..

Quote:> > Has anyone experience of the computer course in Sheridan, toronto?

> > I have a Diploma in Computer Graphics in Ireland, and I'd like to
> > apply there next year as an In'tl Student..
> > I'm big into Maya and have been using it for 2 yrs..

> > Does anyone know what the college is like?
> > What they look for when going through 3d portfolios?

> > Also, how is the job market for 3d work at the moment on that side?

> > Kind Regards
> > 23webkev23

1. Computer Graphics/Animation : College in Ontario CANADA

Hi,
I have a few choices for colleges in Ontario, regarding Computer
Graphics/Animation, but I am wondering if there more.

My first choice is Sheridan College (Oakville campus).  They have the best
classical animation course, and it is very hard to get into.
Next, is Seneca College (Scarborough?), and it has some really good courses as
well.   Both are farily expensive.  As Sonya Roberts once told me, one of the
programs I  would like to try for at Seneca costs about $6,000 CDN. for 12
weeks (1 year program).

Please tell me what kind of other good colleges for Computer
Graphics/Animation do you recommend?  My future plans include working in
3D graphics/animation, for things like movies (made by companies such as ILM,
Pixar, etc)., games (game art), and anything else related to 3D
graphics/animation.  My hope is to get into Sheridan, but I need to know if there
are any other good colleges with such courses.

Once again, I live in Brampton, Ontario, so I would appreciate it if the college is
in Ontario, CANADA.

Thanks!
Bye!

Gautam N. Lad

Website:        http://www.interlog.com/~gautam

POV-Ray Software, Gallery, and Links!

2. Displaying Icon after lost focus.

3. COLLEGE INFO graphic arts of course

4. WB Channel

5. Info/opinions on colleges (CS PhD)

6. 3D rendering work for food serving equipment companies - slide-1.jpg [01/01]

7. omega function for gnuplot

8. Need some College info please!

9. Info on US colleges

10. info on animation and graphics colleges

11. Any Info on IFAC (The International Fine Arts College) Would Be Appreciated

12. Need Info about Seneca College's Digital Media Programs