HDRI

Post by Dori Araz » Wed, 21 May 2003 10:20:18

Can anyone recommend any HDRI tutorial sites for metal ray?

I played around with it a bit and I love the results, I just want to hone in
on it more.

Dori.

HDRI

Post by InTercept » Fri, 23 May 2003 01:36:40

Jump to my homepage...

--
Toni Bratincevic
http://www.3dluvr.com/intercepto

Quote:> Can anyone recommend any HDRI tutorial sites for metal ray?

> I played around with it a bit and I love the results, I just want to hone
in
> on it more.

> Dori.

HDRI

Post by nirsu » Sun, 25 May 2003 07:24:52

Dori
kan yesh et ma she bikashta
http://www.fluidimages.com/forums/tutorials.php?s=&action=tutorial&tu...

Nir

Quote:> Can anyone recommend any HDRI tutorial sites for metal ray?

1. HDRI

I have a question about HDRI.
Is there any corrispondence between the floating point values used in ah
HDRI image, and the reality?
For example, is there a thing like (0.0 - 1.0 = 8 EV (the "stops" in
photography), etc...) or what?

I noticed, in 3D programs 0.0 - 1.0 range is normally quantized to 0-255 (8
bit per channel) values, so, condireing the contrast ratio, and how the
digital cameras record, it's 8 stops.

Is this just a convention (it can be alterated, for example in RenderMan
standard...), or is it the standard for HDRI images?
I mean.. 0-1.0 range, or 1.0-2.0, or 2.0-4.0, etc.. does always correspond
to 8 stops in real world?
Or any device and program can make his choice?

There's Photogenic HDR, that takes some different exposition of the same
scene shot by digital cameras and creates an HDR image of the scene. Is
there only one way for doing it, and... how does it work?
Is, in the final image, if for example a thing has a certain exposure, and
is memorized as 2.0, and another one is one stop brighter, memorized as 4.0?

At end, is HDRI only a way for sayng "this image contains alla the light
levels of the original scene", or there's actuallly a rigid corrispondence
between the floats memorized and the real scene contrast ratios, etc...?

Thax, I hope I was clear.

--
Marco Iannaccone

ICQ UIN: 18748121     PuffMarcolo

2. Fatal Error opening CDR 8 file after Publish to Internet

3. HDRI light probe mapping shaders available

4. Alchemy & Terrazzo

5. HDRI radiosity test anim :)

6. Jigsaw filter

7. HDRI radiosity anim 2

8. Macromedia MacroModel, Trispectives, Animation Master??

9. 3delight hdri

10. Techniques to capture HDRI data!

11. AIR vs BMRT2.6 (montecarlo irradiance, HDRI)

12. can entropy really support the HDRI.

13. HDRI Light Mapping in PRMAN