object dimensions

Post by Tom » Sat, 07 Jun 2003 12:37:31

How do I know what the dimensions (L,W,H) of a polygon object I have
created? Also, I want to know its distance from the XZ plane. Is there a way
to determine that easily from a menue or something? Thanks.

Tom

object dimensions

Post by horst hec » Sat, 07 Jun 2003 19:19:51

Create-Measure Tools-Distance
 Parent the two locators to the points you wish to know the dimensions, now
when you scale or modify the object they will always show the correct
dimension.

Quote:> How do I know what the dimensions (L,W,H) of a polygon object I have
> created? Also, I want to know its distance from the XZ plane. Is there a
way
> to determine that easily from a menue or something? Thanks.

> Tom

object dimensions

Post by Tom » Sat, 07 Jun 2003 22:09:27

Nice! Thanks alot.

> Create-Measure Tools-Distance
>  Parent the two locators to the points you wish to know the dimensions,
now
> when you scale or modify the object they will always show the correct
> dimension.

> > How do I know what the dimensions (L,W,H) of a polygon object I have
> > created? Also, I want to know its distance from the XZ plane. Is there a
> way
> > to determine that easily from a menue or something? Thanks.

> > Tom

1. measuring x-y dimensions of text object?

Is there any way to automatically measure or retrieve the X and Y
dimensions of a text object so that I can write functions that
automatically center a text object about a point? Tweaking it by hand
for object after object is a headache!

2. Animating a spring Mech

3. Dimension tool sometimes loses the dimension lines

4. 3D to 2D coordinates

5. Is Active Dimensions 3 a good 3D package?

6. need max 4.2 upgrade.

7. xfig dimension lines -- how to do them.

8. Looking for 3d polygon viewer

9. xfig dimension lines...any tips?

10. Adobe Dimensions: A renderer to buy?

11. JPEG dimensions

12. dimensions problems while printing

13. Dimensions Dementia