Raytracing Problem with V6.0a

Post by Parallax Graphics Systems Gmb » Fri, 25 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Hi,

I've got a problem to raytace a sdl-file. When I start the raytracer in a shell (raytracer -s100 -
S200 sdl/a-anim), a few fields (sometimes just one field) are traced correctly and then the
tracer stops and returns: "Segmentation fault (core dumped)" or "Bus error (core dumped). I
can start the raytracer again from the next frame on, but after one ore two frames the same
error occurs. When I render the same sdl-file it's working correctly. I had also never problems
whith the 'old' raytracer V6.0, but now I need to use the V6.0a. (I have light glows in the
scene)
I don't think, that it is hardware error, because I had this problem once before and I could fix it.
But now, I can't remember how.

Hardware: Indigo R3000, 80MB RAM, XL24Z
Software: Irix 5.2 / PowerAnimator 6.0a

Thanks for your help

Anicad, Switzerland
Oliver Schuster

1. Help: Problem running trueSpace 1.0a in Win95

The problem has been reported for several programs after the
upgrade to Windows 95. It will be fine when you unistall them and
reinstall them under Windows 95 in most cases.

I had a similar problem with TrueSpace 1.0, but after the
reinstallation it works great. And it's not a very large
program to install, 3 disks if I remember correctly. ;-)

Also, if you are a registered Paint Shop Pro user, you can
get the upgrade to version 3.12 for Windows 95 from our
World Wide Web site. It's file PSP31232.ZIP.

Good luck!

Scott Smith, JASC, Inc.  -  Makers of Paint Shop Pro
http://www.jasc.com

2. clouds

3. Problem under Digital UNIX 4.0a

4. More dpi or larger canvis?

5. Printing problem with PM 5.0a document.

6. SGI 320 Visual PCs W/Flat Panels - OpenGL Diffs From Non-Flat?

7. Problems with 5.0a - Win95

8. How to use OpenGL with Kylix?

9. PRINTING PROBLEM w/ PM 5.0a

10. Problem: PDFWriter with PM 5.0a

11. Color problems in PM 5.0a (Macintosh)

12. Batch Problems with Ulead SMartsaver Pro 1.0a

13. PSP V6 Browser problem