don't 4get -n 2 when rendering with two processors

don't 4get -n 2 when rendering with two processors

Post by Maximilian Schoenhe » Mon, 18 Dec 2000 01:00:55

just a tiny experience to share: i rendered a few things on my new double
PIII machine from the shell and looked at the task manager. it showed only
50%. in the render globals i had the option active to use all available
processors.

so i quit the render task, looked up the render globals and found that
magic flag

                           -n 2

----max

--
remove           nospam               for correspondence

don't 4get -n 2 when rendering with two processors

Post by ALI TEZE » Mon, 18 Dec 2000 05:11:52

thank you very very very much , i was going crazy over this thing yesterday

Ali

message

Quote:> just a tiny experience to share: i rendered a few things on my new double
> PIII machine from the shell and looked at the task manager. it showed only
> 50%. in the render globals i had the option active to use all available
> processors.

> so i quit the render task, looked up the render globals and found that
> magic flag

>                            -n 2

> ----max

> --
> remove           nospam               for correspondence

don't 4get -n 2 when rendering with two processors

Post by Maximilian Schoenhe » Mon, 18 Dec 2000 21:22:55

you're very welcome! this is what this group is for...

> thank you very very very much , i was going crazy over this thing yesterday

--
remove           nospam               for correspondence

don't 4get -n 2 when rendering with two processors

Post by Konstanti » Sun, 24 Dec 2000 04:38:33

You can obtain even more from your double PIII if you render your
project in two separate processes (for example odd and even frames).
Usually in projects without dynamic simulations you can render about
 30% faster this way. Do not forget to put -n 1 and -b 2 in each batch
file.

Konstantin

In article

Quote:> just a tiny experience to share: i rendered a few things on my new
double
> PIII machine from the shell and looked at the task manager. it showed
only
> 50%. in the render globals i had the option active to use all
available
> processors.

> so i quit the render task, looked up the render globals and found that
> magic flag

>                            -n 2

> ----max

> --
> remove           nospam               for correspondence

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

1. Dual processor Pentium, want TWO OpenGL rendering contexts

Hello all :

I am working on parallelizing an existing OpenGL based application.  I
have a dual-processor Pentium (NT 4.0) and I would like each CPU to
drive a single OpenGL rendering context.  My proposed solution is to
stick one hw accelerator on a 2x AGP slot, and another (preferably from
the same vendor) on the PCI slot.  It would be great to have just a
single device driver, but if I need to mix 'n match cards from different
vendors, then so be it (so long as it works).  As far as the GL nuts 'n
bolts requirements go, all I need is that the max texture map size is at
least 1k x 1k (but 2k x 2k is definitely preferable).

So, have any of you out there done something like this before? And
assuming so, how about vendor/chipset recommendations?  I'm leaning
towards the Fire GL1 AGP/PCI combo right now.  Thanks in advance!

-Shehrzad

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. CSG basics

3. Two object positions don't work?

4. G400Max and Lightwave

5. CoolColJ's Post render Image Processor scene for LW 6

6. Tutorial problem

7. Render: Lighting effects, clouds, lens flare don't work in Win PS 5.5

8. I can't read a Blob field in Delphi 7 without a "stream error"

9. I don't have Render or Video on my filters menu

10. Don't render locked?

11. Don't Render Safe Frame?

12. stealthnet queued, but don't render

13. ZDepth in Hardware Rendered Particles Don't Work