Match-Perspective Software wanted

Post by Gregor Hartman » Tue, 12 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Our company is spezialized in architectural visualization. We are using
AutoCAD (PC & SGI Versions), Alias (Poweranimator & Designer), AVID MSP,
some in-house stuff and lots of utilities.
One of our main problems is matching a digital Camera (usually within
Alias software) with a real-world camera. Usually we have real-world
coordinates of most of the objects within the photograph because we do
survey as well, but we dont know the camera position, viewpoint, lens
type, etc.
In most cases we get nice photographs, that show the scene at best
weather conditions but were shot weeks or even years ago by someone else.
So what Im looking for, is a way to make references between the
3D-geometry we rebuilt within AutoCAD or Alias PA and that same objects
on the photograph, then the camera parameters should be recalculated. The
result should be output as an ASCII - File or whatever.  The whole thing
does not have to work on sequences, still images would be fine to begin
with.

Anybody heard of something like that ???
By the way I was told (by a person I do not trust), that Softimage has a
way to do it. The local Softimage distributor hasnt heard of it either.

Ciao, Gregor

(My Internet gate is down...)

Gregor Hartmann                |||| CAD-PLAN-BAU
Architectural Visualization    |||| Koestlergasse 16-6
Voicenet: +43/1/5812097        |||| A-1060 Wien
Faxnet: +43/1/58120974         |||| Austria

1. Low-level feature extraction and interframe matching software wanted

     Does software exist for following moving objects from frame to frame
in video images?  I'm looking for something that works by finding low-level
features such as edges and corners and matches them from one frame to the
next.  I'm aware of "optical flow" calculation, but the usual numeric
method for doing this is differentiation-oriented and too noise-sensitive
to be useful on real-world images, I am told by someone who has tried it.
So I'd like something that finds many low-level features and tries to
match them up.

     The intended application is a vision system for a robot vehicle.  But it
is possible that techniques used for colorizing B/W films would be useful
for this purpose.  So I'd like to hear from people who know how colorizing
is done.

     Software, algorithms, hardware, or indications of research activity
would be useful.

                                        John Nagle
                                        Center for Design Research, Stanford

2. Help Needed: Retrieve a JPEG stored in database without first writing to file.

3. match perspective to backgroundfoto

4. IK Question - why does Full-Time IK "snap" out straight before the null goal passes center?

5. Matched Perspective Module in Ver. 4.0

6. FS: LightWave 5.0

7. Perspective matching...

8. Perspective matching

9. ColorDrive or Tru-Match software

10. image matching software

11. HP Color Matching Software...

12. Color theory. Color matching software