symetrical edits

Post by Jaka Zva » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 18:01:59

how do you symetricaly edit polygon points, for example. when you have a
single mesh?

symetrical edits

Post by InfinityMachin » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 03:43:16

well the way that i've done it is by a couple methods.  you can change the
move tool's options to work under normals instead of world space and that
will move the points further in or out away from the surface at the same
angle.  also you can select both points and use the scale tool.

if you're working with nurbs you can cut the model in half and delete one
half, then duplicate it as an instance with a -1 X or Z value instead of a
copy.  make sure the manipulator is set to the 0,0 point before you
duplicate though

Quote:> how do you symetricaly edit polygon points, for example. when you have a
> single mesh?

symetrical edits

Post by Jaka Zva » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 21:55:46

thanks. im quite happy with working with the mirrored instanced half. im
doing a polygon model which will be converted into subd. i just wish there
would be a way to just switch on the mirror "mode" and do the edits on both
+ and - side of the model.

> well the way that i've done it is by a couple methods.  you can change the
> move tool's options to work under normals instead of world space and that
> will move the points further in or out away from the surface at the same
> angle.  also you can select both points and use the scale tool.

> if you're working with nurbs you can cut the model in half and delete one
> half, then duplicate it as an instance with a -1 X or Z value instead of a
> copy.  make sure the manipulator is set to the 0,0 point before you
> duplicate though

> > how do you symetricaly edit polygon points, for example. when you have a
> > single mesh?

symetrical edits

Post by Martin Heffel » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 22:39:25

Quote:>thanks. im quite happy with working with the mirrored instanced half. im
>doing a polygon model which will be converted into subd. i just wish there
>would be a way to just switch on the mirror "mode" and do the edits on both
>+ and - side of the model.

Not sure if this is what you want and if it works with Polygon's, but
I was working through a tutorial where the model was duplicated with a
-1 scale, and then via the Connection Editor the two halves where
connected (load original in left half, copy in right half, and then
click World Space [0] in left window and Create in the right half, and
then close the Connection Editor; now if you change a CV, the mirrored
CV is also changed).
You can find it in Maya 4.5 Savvy, page 149.

cheers

-martin-
--
filmmaker/DP/editor,
Sydney, Australia

"ON ENTRE OK, ON SORT KO"

symetrical edits

Post by Theo » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 03:26:34

Quote:

> thanks. im quite happy with working with the mirrored instanced half.
> im doing a polygon model which will be converted into subd. i just
> wish there would be a way to just switch on the mirror "mode" and do
> the edits on both + and - side of the model.

you can also do it with the sculpt tools. very handy.

symetrical edits

Post by Jaka Zva » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 18:49:13

Thats great. I just don't know how to switch it on, the (Reflection On/Off
switch is grayed). Hm.

> > thanks. im quite happy with working with the mirrored instanced half.
> > im doing a polygon model which will be converted into subd. i just
> > wish there would be a way to just switch on the mirror "mode" and do
> > the edits on both + and - side of the model.

> you can also do it with the sculpt tools. very handy.

symetrical edits

Post by Theo » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 03:21:43

Quote:> Thats great. I just don't know how to switch it on, the (Reflection
> On/Off switch is grayed). Hm.

make sure you are using "UV texture paint" in the sculpt tools options.

symetrical edits

Post by Jaka Zva » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 16:11:25

that works great! thanks!

> > Thats great. I just don't know how to switch it on, the (Reflection
> > On/Off switch is grayed). Hm.

> make sure you are using "UV texture paint" in the sculpt tools options.

1. Non symetrical fustrum

Hello,

I'm considering using OpenInventor for a project where a non symetrical
fustrum camera is needed (cause the head is tracked and the screen
fixed)
The only type of camera inventor seems to have are Perspective and
Orthographic.
How could I solve my problem ?
What would be the charge of creating a FustrumCamera Node, if at all
possible ? What function should be implemented ?
Thanks for any tip.

David.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

2. Max 3 Z-Buffer?

3. Ellipses and Arcs not symetrical.

4. NYIT Wake at Siggraph

5. Editing: Searching for Pixel Editing tool (TIFF, PICTs)

6. Copy metafile to clipboard

7. Video editing newbie q

8. How to extrude a face for good deformations?

9. need editing software for use with old monitor

10. Video Editing Software

11. editing a bmp