O2 SCSI question

Post by Matthe » Fri, 05 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Thanks for the reply May 22nd.  I just got the correct SCSI connecter for my
O2.  I shutdown, wired the Jaz , and booted up and it didn't mount on my
desktop.  I was wondering if you might be able to tell me how to mount it and
how (exactly) you formatted the Jaz disk on the O2 as PC.

I unfortunately don't know my way around the SGI platform nearly as well as I
do on the Mac.  If you could help me, I'd really appreciate it!  Thanks!

Matt

O2 SCSI question

Post by Niels Krogh Mortense » Sat, 06 Jun 1998 04:00:00

> Thanks for the reply May 22nd.  I just got the correct SCSI connecter for my
> O2.  I shutdown, wired the Jaz , and booted up and it didn't mount on my
> desktop.  I was wondering if you might be able to tell me how to mount it and
> how (exactly) you formatted the Jaz disk on the O2 as PC.

> I unfortunately don't know my way around the SGI platform nearly as well as I
> do on the Mac.  If you could help me, I'd really appreciate it!  Thanks!

> Matt

Hi!

Our Jaz mounted fine and _automaticly_ on our O2s the first time we
plugged it in (and still does).

Maybe you didnt have the jaz-disc in the drive (and spinning) at boot
time?

--
Niels K M
     _____________________________

     http://www.km-animation.dk

1. O2 SCSI problem!!!

Hello Everybody

I got a problem of connecting an old 600MB Hell shuttle disk to a
O2(R10000).
Initially, this shuttle disk can be connected on a Indy.

After trying it on a O2, the O2 cannot detact the SCSI device at all.
The shuttle disk have a 50pin Centronic SCSI connecting to the O2 68pin
Ultra-wide SCSI.

I had try many terminators on the shuttle disk but still cannot be detected
by O2.
The O2 SCSI controller is working.

Please help!

Dennis

2. Newbie to 3DSMAX and SDK

3. Question for UMAX Vista S-12 scanner users [SCSI-2 question]

4. Anyone using LW 4.0 for VRML????

5. mirovideo DC1 card (WAS: Animations -> Tape)

6. Will SCSI HD Run off Scanner SCSI Card

7. Video game company hiring!!!

8. scanner question[SCSI ports]

9. Scanner and SCSI Rules Question

10. UMAX S-6E Scanner/ SCSI questions/problems

11. SCSI Question

12. If it aint broke... (SCSI term question)