Animate _YOUR_ 3d Images on a Web Page : Clocks with shapely hands ( Collaboration )

Animate _YOUR_ 3d Images on a Web Page : Clocks with shapely hands ( Collaboration )

Post by Paul Flavi » Wed, 30 Sep 1998 04:00:00

    Mix off-line raytracing with real-time image processing  -->  a stylish
web page clock.

  Your raytraced or hand drawn images combine with my Java applet  :

mix art and utility and create a updated version of the "Mickey Mouse
Watch".

  The software is ready  _NOW_  !

        http://www.frontiernet.net/~imaging/clock.html

                                                ( requires a browser with Java )

  Three plane pseudo-3d imaging ( BLITing ) overlays  components ( arm /
torso / arm ) for animating (rotating)   precomputed 3d images in real time
( hour and minute hands ).

  I hope to distribute this software in freeware, shareware, and
professional versions and allow everyone to select among several included
foreground & background images, or their own artwork.

  I am seeking royalty free images to include with the distribution
packages.

  The artwork should include an armless torso drawn from the side and two
arms rendered completely and separately, but drawn in perspective with, and
proportion to the torso ( as I have done ).

  We can discuss variants and improvements ( eg.  realism can be increased
by raytracing each arm in several rotations and the real-time rotation
component can use the closest image to reflect lighting and musculature
details ).

  Java is relatively slow for image processing ...  the displayed version
shows the hour and minute hands ...
I can animate at 60 Frames / Second by flipping through images stored in an
array ...
I'm still experimenting with  Memory / Speed  / Size / Quality / CPU
issues.

  Comments / Suggestions / Cash are welcome.

  I just got this working yesterday so I don't have any version for
distribution yet ( and keep that in mind when making comments ).

   E-mail me for details or watch this space ( go to the web site for my
e-mail address ).

  For the current version I need "GIF" images with "transparent"
backgrounds.

  I made the "big hand" big by having the "Poser" model tilt the nearer
hand toward me.

  Shadows of the arm on the torso should be avoided (etc.).

  Thank-you,

     Sincerely,

  -- Paul Flavin

  "Imaging the Imagined :  Modeling with Math & a keyboard"

  http://www.frontiernet.net/~imaging/contents.html

        Java, Raytracing, Imaging, Modeling, Math, Games ...

1. Animate _YOUR_ 3d Images on a Web Page : Clocks with shapely hands ( Collaboration )

[...]

2. Turn page algorithm ?

3. Please Help !!!!!!!!!!!

4. Web page 3D image/rotation (pan/zoom?)

5. Pixel Format and 3DFX's OpenGL ?

6. Check out my web page loaded with cool 3d images

7. redraw issues in 5

8. ANNOUNCE: Web page w/3D Studio Images/Animations

9. clock hands w/expressions

10. MAXscript for clock hands

11. Fast and FREE Way to Add Animated Characters to Your Web Pages and Email

12. Creating Animated Gifs for Web Pages