ray dream studio 5

Post by Thilo Stuev » Wed, 15 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Hello,

does ray dream studio 5 support 3d accelerated graphic cards (in my

ray dream studio 5

Post by PodoPo » Wed, 15 Oct 1997 04:00:00

i have premier 1.  the old one.... as in copyrite 1991.  for MAC

any ideas on how to get the plugins to work on it... or do i need to cough up
 the $400 bucks to get 4.0?

glugluglug

ray dream studio 5

Post by Mztg » Wed, 15 Oct 1997 04:00:00

>Hello,

>does ray dream studio 5 support 3d accelerated graphic cards (in my

It comes with DirectX and stuff for hardware accelaration. I'm not sure, but I
 beleive the same DirectX drivers work in NT.

ray dream studio 5

Post by Dwight M Eve » Thu, 16 Oct 1997 04:00:00

: Hello,

: does ray dream studio 5 support 3d accelerated graphic cards (in my

Well, yes and no.

Yes, RDSv5 supports/takes advantage of DirectX both software and hardware
acceleration.

But, since NTv4 does not allow for Hardware accelerated DirectX at this
time, it of no bennefit to buy a $4000 graphics card unless it has killer
2D as well. (Kind of a rule of thumb for most apps using DX)

RDSv5 is very easy to use and has lots of really great features.

I can whole heartily recomend it.

Another really great program is Martin Hash 3D Pro v5. Excellent
character tools.

Either program can be has for less than $300.

-Dwight