Problem playing back MPEG-1 using Quicktime 5

Problem playing back MPEG-1 using Quicktime 5

Post by Nimbu » Wed, 24 Oct 2001 22:56:40

I've created some movies in MPEG-1 format on an SGI using the Berkeley
MPEG encoder, and they look great when I play them back using SGI's
mediaplayer.  After trying for a week to get the same MPEGs to play
using Windows Media Player, with extremely limited success (I think
there's a bitrate limitation in WMP) I began to use Quicktime Player 5
to view the movies, and they look great.  The problem is when I turn on
'looping' - the movie loops all right, but at the very end of the movie,
the last few frames repeat, giving the movie a very jumpy feel.  These
frames are not in the data, since it plays back flawlessly on the SGI.
Is this a bug in QT Player 5, and if so, is there a way around it?

Regards...
Nimbus

1. QT->MPEG (How to produce and play back MPEG movies)

Hi!

I'm using Radius Video Vison Studio and Digital Film. I want to produce/convert to MPEG movies for playback on my Mac. Are there any hardware and/or software solutions out there?

/Anders
--
 _ _         __    ___  __   ____
|* *| |\  | | *\  |    | *\ |       Anders Gustavsson, GT 2
| \ | | \ | |   ) |--  |__/  ----   University of Falun/Borl?nge SWEDEN

2. glean .exe for Windows now available

3. Quicktime not playing MPEG correctly

4. Sync adapter instructions ?

5. Question - Playing MPEG files on Macintosh w/QuickTime

6. RGB for typical blueprint background?

7. avi/mpeg to quicktime and back?

8. How to play MPEG videos using Delphi ?

9. Stutter Problems on Play Back

10. Problems playing movies in QuickTime

11. Problems playing Quicktime movies

12. Quicktime 4 and MPEG file problem