Stratavision -> MacRenderman file conversion?

Stratavision -> MacRenderman file conversion?

Post by Timothy Joseph Edwar » Sun, 29 Aug 1993 02:59:12

Are there any tools out there for converting Stratavision wireframes into
MacRenderman format?  Any clues would be greatly appreciated.

-Tim Edwards

Post by randy walte » Thu, 02 Sep 1993 22:29:35

> Are there any tools out there for converting Stratavision wireframes into
> MacRenderman format?  Any clues would be greatly appreciated.

> -Tim Edwards

> --

Hi, Tim...

Yes, indeedy! A program called "RENDX" is available directly from Strata.
They bought out Extend Software, who developed the program. I believe it
costs around $295.00. I use it for quick rendering using NetRenderMan. It
can transfer just object information, or entire scenes - lighting,
textures, animation, everything. It does not, however, support shadows,
transparency, or reflectivity. Still, it does its job pretty well for what
it is.

**   Genius is a word people use to distance themselves   **
**            from the responsibility to be amazing.              **
**
            **

Post by Derek Woolvert » Fri, 03 Sep 1993 23:40:35

>> Are there any tools out there for converting Stratavision wireframes into
>> MacRenderman format?  Any clues would be greatly appreciated.

>Yes, indeedy! A program called "RENDX" is available directly from Strata.
>costs around $295.00. I use it for quick rendering using NetRenderMan. It
>can transfer just object information, or entire scenes - lighting,
>textures, animation, everything. It does not, however, support shadows,
>transparency, or reflectivity.

    Then there is Flash Tracer which isn't a translator, but is a
ray tracer for StrataVision that runs on other unix workstations
speeding up the rendering 10-20x and providing all the shading features
including backgrounds, shadows, light through transparent objects,
reflectivy, refraction ...  Costs a lot more though.
    I am completed connected with it however (I am one of the engineers
who wrote it), and this has been a shameless plug.

    Call or write now :-)
        Derek Woolverton, Video Bits
        612 Fremont Av, So Pasadena, CA 91030  818 403 0151

1. ModelerPro -> StrataVision

Hi,

I've recently got access to a set of models in ModelerPro format and have heard
that there's an extension for StrataVision 3d floating around that will allow
Strata to read ModelerPro files. Does anyone know where/how I could get this?

Many thanks,

---
Charles King

2. R+G+B=color picture

3. Hello -- question about tube conversion >>>

4. Accelerated graphics card for OpenGL

5. DXF --> VRML file conversion

6. Help Need??? Gif Jpeg or Bmp for Transmission Over ISDN

7. Graphic File Conversion (DIB -> PCX)

8. MAC ---> PC font file conversion

9. IGES -> Polygon File conversion

10. File Conversion Softimage ---> Inventor

11. 3DS <-->Lightwave file conversions