Human Animation Demo on - line - - Ally McBeal : Stick Figure Animation - - ( Java )

Post by Paul Flavi » Thu, 01 Apr 1999 04:00:00

  Ally McBeal :  Stick Figure Animation

     Java interactive Demo,  Human Modeling with Matrix Math,  2d Animation

  Update ( post #2 ) :  Bug fixed affecting Netscape 4.0, fixed scaling,
features added.

  Features include :

  --  scale, rotate, translate of the character
  --  rotatation of 8 limb - parts
  --  13 custom Dial controls with numerical display
  --  Matrix Math implementation of Hierarchical Joints
  --  smoothed polygon "lines" & double buffering with image overlay
  --  Java 1.0.2 implementation ( the hard way )
  --  runs on any ( decent ) browser, safe, free, instant access.
  --  matrix value display ( limited )

  -- 3d version pending  ( "3d code inside" )
      It's really 3d in 2d now, I'm using 4x4 matrices and multipling
      a lot of numbers by one, and adding zero to a lot of others.

           http://www.frontiernet.net/~imaging/character_animation.html

  * * *   other features are pending   - -  this is a work in progress  - -

  Also a Piano / Oscilloscope, Buba Clock, 3d Engine & more :

   http://www.frontiernet.net/~imaging/play_a_piano.html
   http://www.frontiernet.net/~imaging/math_is_a_game.html

   http://www.frontiernet.net/~imaging/java3dviewer.html
   http://www.frontiernet.net/~imaging/CuteClock.html

   http://www.frontiernet.net/~imaging/animHierarchy.html

"Imaging the Imagined : Modeling with Math & a Keyboard"

  http://www.frontiernet.net/~imaging/contents.html

1. Ally McBeal : Stick Figure Animation, Interactive ( Java ) : Matrix Math @ work

  Ally McBeal is animated with Java.

  Eight body parts move & you can move 'em with 12 dials ( hit the stop
button first ).

  She walks in place, and weirdly.  My first animation ( of jointed models
)
-- didn't have the software --  ...

  It's just 2d now, but I have the 3d ( 4x4 ) matrices in place and can
easily add new features.

          http://www.frontiernet.net/~imaging/character_animation.html

  I do have other animations included  'sprite'-ed  animated gifs, image
rotations
( Bubba the Clock ), and lots of stuff spinning ( 3d Polygon Engine ).

          http://www.frontiernet.net/~imaging/animHierarchy.html

          http://www.frontiernet.net/~imaging/CuteClock.html

  She just walks in place, but it looks more like she's cross country
skiing because it didn't occur to me that the leg moves along a different
path on the return trip ...

  A  work - in - progress,  intended for real time animation of humanoids
and other characters with multiple hierarchical joints, with interactivity,
of course.

   It displays a few test transformations, the vectors and the matrices, in
a scrolling window.

  - - - - - -

  Why Ally ?

  She's cute & her figure lends it self to the stick figure characature
which suits the demands of doing real time animation on the machines of the
masses.

  -- Paul

 "Imaging the Imagined : Modeling with Math & a Keyboard"

  http://www.frontiernet.net/~imaging/contents.html

 )

2. Builder bitmap on form

3. Human Animation - - Ally McBeal : A Stick-Man Animation - - ( on-line Java Demo. )

4. New model released

5. Ally McBeal rips off Charater Studio Demo...

6. Addmetaballs ?ballsup?

7. Stick Figure Animation

8. stick figure animation

9. Where can I get walking stick figure animation?

10. Stick-Figure Animation Program ?

11. human figure animation

12. PC Programs for Human Figure Animation--Any?