Anim Master/MHA Pro User Group Meetg --Feb 29, 7PM, UCSF

Anim Master/MHA Pro User Group Meetg --Feb 29, 7PM, UCSF

Post by Richard Herma » Sun, 25 Feb 1996 04:00:00

February 29, 1996 7:00pm UCSF room S-22

We welcome anyone to attend.  The format will include:

-guest speaker Hal Hickel of Pixar
-free time, Stephen Chan has agreed to help with professional "tips"
-we'll have both Mac and Win'95 platforms, so bring your Syquest 240 or
"zip" compatible data files
-the newest beta-build of Hash's MHA/Pro ver 4.0
-Hash has graciously provided Pizza!!

Hal Hickel attended the Film Graphics program at CalArts in '82, then
left to work at a small studio doing fx animation and motion control
work. He started at Will Vinton Studios in '88, and was a senior
animator there fo
r a little over 6-1/2 years.  In January of 95  he went to Pixar to
animate on Toy Story.

Hal will be giving a talk on character animation, bringing characters
to life and the subtleties of motion.  This should be a most
interesting talk.

See Directions, below:

Directions to Bay Area Animation:Master User Group meeting

FROM THE EAST BAY:
Cross the Bay Bridge (hwy 80) and follow the signs to hwy 101 Golden
Gate Bridge and exit onto Fell Street. Follow Fell St. all the way to
the Golden Gate Parks where the road will make an S-turn and turn into
Lincoln. Ta
ke a left on 7th Avenue. Take a left onto Irving and drive about 4
blocks to the UCSF parking structure (entrance on your right). This is
a paid parking structure--you can park in the neighborhood for free if
you can find
 a spot (good luck). Take the elevators up to the top level (Parnassus
Street) See
below.

FROM THE SOUTH (HWY 101):
Take hwy 101 north and follow signs to toward the Golden Gate Bridge.
Exit at Fell Street. Follow Fell St. all the way to the Golden Gate
Parks where the road will make an S-turn and turn into Lincoln. Take a
left on 7th
Avenue. Take a left onto Irving and drive about 4 blocks to the UCSF
parking structure (entrance on your right). This is a paid parking
structure--you can park in the neighborhood for free if you can find a
spot (good luc
k). Take the elevators up to the top level (Parnassus Street) See
below.

FROM THE SOUTH (HWY 280):
Take hwy 280 north and follow the signs toward the Golden Gate Bridge
(hwy 1) and you will end up on 19th Avenue travelling north. Drive
about 3 miles and make a right onto Irving and drive about 16 blocks to
the UCSF par
king structure (entrance on your right). This is a paid parking
structure--you can park in the neighborhood for free if you can find a
spot (good luck). Take the elevators up to the top level (Parnassus
Street) See below.

FROM THE NORTH (MARIN etc.):
Cross the Golden Gate Bridge (3 bucks, please) and follow hwy 1 through
the park where it turns into 19th Aveneue. Turn right on Judah, turn
right on 20th Ave., and right onto Irving Street (in SF, three rights =
a left).
 Follow Irving and drive about 17 blocks to the UCSF parking structure
(entrance on your right). This is a paid parking structure--you can
park in the neighborhood for free if you can find a spot (good luck).
Take the ele
vators up to the top level (Parnassus Street) See below.

BART & MUNI:
The N Judah stops right in front of the UCSF's Millberry Union. Walk
directly inside and take the elevators to the top level (Parnassus
Street). Various Buses hook up to those that stop on Parnassus
(directly in front of the hospital) -- consult your favorite transit
guides.

FROM PARNASSUS:
The main hospital entrance on on the SOUTH side of Parnassus. Look for
a semi-circle driveway. Enter the hospital's main entrance (NOT the
E.R.entrance!!). If there is an information desk directly in front of
you, you are in the right place. At the info. desk make a right and
walk down the hall, through the double doors. Make a left then a right
and you will
 find yourself at the main elevators. Follow the BAA:MUG signs down to
the ba*t floor. After leaving the elevator, follow the signs to the
Chancellor's Conference Room (room S-30). Walk past the very plush
Chancellor'
s conference room to our spartan but hi-tech classroom, S-22.

Post by blue » Wed, 28 Feb 1996 04:00:00

>February 29, 1996 7:00pm UCSF room S-22
>We welcome anyone to attend.  The format will include:
>-guest speaker Hal Hickel of Pixar
>-free time, Stephen Chan has agreed to help with professional "tips"
>-we'll have both Mac and Win'95 platforms, so bring your Syquest 240 or
>"zip" compatible data files
>-the newest beta-build of Hash's MHA/Pro ver 4.0
>-Hash has graciously provided Pizza!!

Hey, why doesn't Hash videotape this seminar for resale. Then we all
(non-SanFransicoans) could benefit from additional instruction.
What say you? My 2 cents.

Post by Hal Hicke » Thu, 29 Feb 1996 04:00:00

> >February 29, 1996 7:00pm UCSF room S-22

> >We welcome anyone to attend.  The format will include:

> >-guest speaker Hal Hickel of Pixar
> >-free time, Stephen Chan has agreed to help with professional "tips"
> >-we'll have both Mac and Win'95 platforms, so bring your Syquest 240 or
> >"zip" compatible data files
> >-the newest beta-build of Hash's MHA/Pro ver 4.0
> >-Hash has graciously provided Pizza!!

> Hey, why doesn't Hash videotape this seminar for resale. Then we all
> (non-SanFransicoans) could benefit from additional instruction.
> What say you? My 2 cents.

Ahh, no way.    -Hal

1. MHA/AM User Group Meet --Feb 29 7PM --New Directions

NEW DIRECTIONS FROM PARNASSUS AVE!!!

The main Science lobby has been completed but the elevators to the
basement are being rennovated so new directions are required...

lobby (big glass doors about 20 meters to the right of the main
hospital entrance). Enter the lobby and look for the overhead signs to
Toland Hall. You will take the first hallway to the right. Walk down to
the end of the hall and take the stairs DOWN one floor to the basement.
Follow the signs on the wall toward the Chancellor's Conference Room.
S-22 will be on your left.

Thanks to Michael Hultner for setting the room arrangements.

2. Maya 4 questions

3. Jan 25 7PM UCSF -Anim Master User Group Meeting

4. colormap update speeds

5. Any MHA or Animation Master user in Florida?

6. Problems starting 3ds4 under win95

7. Ottawa NeXT User Group Meeting Feb 4th

8. How do I remove PSP graphic on startup

9. Ottawa 3d-anim. users group

10. LA Animation Master Users' Group

11. Animation Master users group meeting Saturday!