Output quality for FILC -> AVI

Post by Shenwei B. L » Thu, 10 Mar 1994 01:35:17

Hi, folks,

I have some Autodesk FLIC files and would like to convert them into AVI
format. According to the document of Adobe Premiere 1.0, it's an Digital
Video Editing Tools, Microsoft RLE compressor should be the best for
compressing animation and computer-synthesized images. But when I tried
this compressor in VidEdit 1.0 (vfw) and Adobe Premiere 1.0, the output
results are terriable.....I can not image!

Yesterday, I tried to get vfw 1.1 and try again.......it did improve a
lot.....but still not good, especially when the animation was made by
scrolling the image (horizontally or vertically). Is it a limitation
of RLE or just a bug again! Is there any way to improve that situation?
Any suggestion will be appreciated.

-Shenwei,

1. >>>> 1800 dpi OUTPUT SERVICE

Camera Ready output. 1800 dpi

Quick Turnaround.

0.50 per page. $15 minimum.

LaserMaster 1800 dpi output
up to 11 x 17 comps.
from Postscript,
Aldus, Corel, Ventura ...

Send your files via modem, e-mail or Fed-X.

Reply for details.   ***comp.fonts

2. FreeBSD Animation Viewer that understands geometry ???

3. AVI--->MOV & MOV--->AVI

4. Corrugated cardboard

5. How to BMPs-->AVI, AVI-->BMPs?

6. Rendering Quake 3 maps (opengl).

7. animated gifs >>>> avi

8. Low quality images -> High quality color printing

9. HELP PLEASE Need AVI >>>>>>>>>>>> FLI

10. ***NEED HELP**** AVI >>>>>>>>>>> FLI

11. FLI->MPEG->Quicktime->AVI???

12. 3dsmax->targa->Premiere->avi?