Freeware/Shareware MPEG Viewer?

Post by Ben Gardner-You » Tue, 12 Jul 1994 11:04:06

I have a viewer that is capable of viewing a couple of moving pictures,
but nothing that will take something with a .mpg extension.  Are there
freeware/shareware viewers out there?  If so, where are they to be found
or what are the filenames so that I can search with Archie?

Thanks in advance,

Ben Gardner-Young

Seattle

Freeware/Shareware MPEG Viewer?

I have used Sparkle, a MPEG viewer, shareware...

Post by Frank Hofma » Sat, 16 Jul 1994 23:14:06

: I have a viewer that is capable of viewing a couple of moving pictures,
: but nothing that will take something with a .mpg extension.  Are there
: freeware/shareware viewers out there?  If so, where are they to be found
: or what are the filenames so that I can search with Archie?

Would you mind telling us what Operating System / GUI you're using ?

I know there's a mpeg - player for LOOZEDOZE from Xing technologies,
don't ask me where to look for ;-<

With Unix-based OS' running the X Window System you might get mpeg-play-2.X
from any site that carries X11 stuff - e.g. ftp.x.org.