Playing an animated gif + .wav sound

Post by Saúl S. Bedi » Wed, 18 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hello,

I would like to know if there's any way to play an animated gif
and a .wav sound file at the same time.... isn't it a good idea? :)
especially if it can be included in a web page. The animation
and the sound could be in the same file, a new format :-)

Have a nice day,
--
Saul <http://personales.mundivia.es/saul>

Playing an animated gif + .wav sound

Post by Thiadmer Riemers » Wed, 18 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>I would like to know if there's any way to play an animated gif
>and a .wav sound file at the same time.... isn't it a good idea? :)
>especially if it can be included in a web page. The animation
>and the sound could be in the same file, a new format :-)

I proposed an extended FLIC format to achieve this. Two main issues in the
modified format are better compression and audio synchronization. You can
read more about it on:
        http://www.compuphase.com/flic.htm
An animation compiler and a player for this new format exist as well.

Why yet another format, now that there is AVI and MPEG? Because animated GIF
and FLIC perform better with cartoon-like animations.

Thiadmer

1. Animated GIF and .WAV file

Hello,

I am working in Flash MX and I have an animation of a bat hitting a
ball. I also have a .wav sound file of the same thing. but the
animation does not match up with the sound. The .wav sound is slower
then the animation and it does not look good on my project.

Can the .wav file be edited by me perhaps and if so, how? I am working
on a class project and if I get the sound to match the animation, it
will present itself very nicely.

Thank you,

Jeff

2. Looking for VTR equipment

3. Playing Animated GIF File with Pure GDI+

4. IPAS Trade.

5. How play an animated gif file in VB6

6. Help; multiple plots on a common graph in postscript

7. HOW TO PLAY AN ANIMATED GIF in VB5?

8. How to play an animated Gif!

9. Playing FLIC and VOC/WAV files

10. Playing WAV Files

11. How to play WAV file with DirectSound

12. Playing multiple WAV file simultaneously