And there's a plug-in called Inkworks (I think) for Maya that's supposed
to be very good (and expensive).
Animation Master...is good at this (check out Momentum Animation
http://www.momentumanimations.com/ they do a lot of cartoon rendered
stuff with AM).
> What's the best 3D software for doing the classical cel animation look?
> Looking for suggestions -- including even plugin combos.
Need a proper animation tool that won't rip your money out of your pocket?
Try CTP Pro. The most features, the most reasonable, and the easiest to
As you may be aware, CTP Pro is packed with features and is possibly the
easiest 2D animation program to master, without compromising quality.
After all, who else offers:
- Single window interface
- 3:2 Pull Down, with multiple formats.
- Scene Auto Color Change.
- Auto Peg Registration.
- Unlimited Layers (sound and image)
- Unlimited Cameras
- Chromacolour Palettes a world animation standard. (Optional)
- Slate Creation.
- 40 file format Import/Export including FLASH!
- Any resolution from VGA, to 8K (Yes! 8k!!) PAL or NTSC
- Auto Scan with ANY TWAIN scanner
- Video Capture with auto delay to 60 sec. per frame.
- Special Educational pricing.
- Individual modules available, Pencil Test, Paint, or Scan.
- MP3 support.
- Much, so much more.
Furthermore, these are standard features, not optional and costly add-ons.
For a full list of features please visit www.CraterSoftware.com
2D for 2Day