Rotating Logos / Text - Beginners question

Rotating Logos / Text - Beginners question

Post by gadn » Fri, 18 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Is there any shareware out there that will automate the process of
creating a rotating logo or text (that's rotating around an axis
paralell to the screen, not perpendicular to it), or is such a thing
not possible?

Any help in this direction would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

D. Miles

Rotating Logos / Text - Beginners question

Post by Sampso » Fri, 18 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Try a program from Raydream called addDepth.  It's not a very powerful 3D
program, it's designed to do only what you mentioned.

Quote:> Is there any shareware out there that will automate the process of

Try POV-RAY. It can do this easily. www.povray.org
--
                        Bryan Cool
                        **********

Post by John W. Mark » Tue, 22 Jul 1997 04:00:00

: Is there any shareware out there that will automate the process of
: creating a rotating logo or text (that's rotating around an axis
: paralell to the screen, not perpendicular to it), or is such a thing
: not possible?

You might try checking out micrographics website.  They have a
demo version of Simply3D version2 that should be able to do this.
I'm not sure how long the demo license is for, but I find Simply3D
decent for creating quick web graphics, and may be worth the
investment.  I don't have the URL in front of me, but I think
you should be able to find it if you do a web search.

John-
|John Markus                  |  DoD  | I'd rather be an optimist and fool |

|Lucent Technologies          | #0988 |       (From the movie I.Q.)        |
|-----------------------------'-------'------------------------------------|
|____________Web_page!_=> http://www.mines.edu/students/j/jmarkus _________|

Better Yet Asymetrix Web 3D is great for this. http://www.asymetrix.com

Rotating Logos / Text - Beginners question

Post by Michael S. Coope » Fri, 15 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Great... somebody else who uses WEB3D.  Check out my page tomorrow morning
for an example of what this guy's wanting.  I should be able to make one
fairly easily.

--
Michael S. Cooper

Visit TBone's House O' Screamin' Weasels!! at
http://www.flash.net/~mscooper/index.html
or
The (Un)Official Asymetrix 3D Gallery at
http://www.flash.net/~mscooper/asymetrix/index.html

> > : Is there any shareware out there that will automate the process of
> > : creating a rotating logo or text (that's rotating around an axis
> > : paralell to the screen, not perpendicular to it), or is such a thing
> > : not possible?

> Better Yet Asymetrix Web 3D is great for this. http://www.asymetrix.com

Rotating Logos / Text - Beginners question

Post by Rakesh Mal » Tue, 19 Aug 1997 04:00:00

: >

: > : Is there any shareware out there that will automate the process of
: > : creating a rotating logo or text (that's rotating around an axis
: > : paralell to the screen, not perpendicular to it), or is such a thing
: > : not possible?
: >
: Better Yet Asymetrix Web 3D is great for this. http://www.asymetrix.com
        I've done that sort of thing with Asymetrix' 3DFX, which was
exceedingly easy to work with, and had a nice renderer to boot.  I don't
have it anymore, since I have some nicer stuff now, but it's cheap.  I
don't know how it compares to Web3D though.  3DFX was designed for
flying logos, though.
        Rotating text on an axis parallel to the screen isn't hard in
most packages.
--
        -Rakesh  http://hops.cs.jhu.edu/~vlad

"Angeles, all could be
 Should you move both Earth and Sea"
        "Angeles", from Shepherd Moons by Enya

1. Beginner Question - Rotating Viewpoint

If i have an object (or a point) moving in 3D space how would i go about
calculating a transformation for the viewpoint (rotation about all axes?)
that would keep the it centered on the object so that the object never
became 'lost'? - i hope that makes sense!!

Thanks,

2. Slideshow -> Pictureshow

3. beginner's question: rotate a picture

4. Newbie question regarding 3D

5. Text/Logo modelling question

6. POVRay, DEC 5100, Ultrix, Problems??

7. povray simple rotating text question