AVI or FLI/FLC to IFF Anim5? IFF+IFF+...+IFF=IFF Anim5?

AVI or FLI/FLC to IFF Anim5? IFF+IFF+...+IFF=IFF Anim5?

Post by sys6473 » Mon, 05 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Does anyone knows a program (DOS or Amiga) to convert an AVI or an FLI/FLC
file directly to a IFF Anum5 file? And a program to make a IFF Anim5 file
from a series of IFF images?

ciao
sys6473

PS: please reply in my mailbox too!

AVI or FLI/FLC to IFF Anim5? IFF+IFF+...+IFF=IFF Anim5?

Post by sys6473 » Mon, 05 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Does anyone knows a program (DOS or Amiga) to convert an AVI or an FLI/FLC
file directly to a IFF Anum5 file? And a program to make a IFF Anim5 file
from a series of IFF images?

ciao
sys6473
PS: please reply in my mailbox too!

AVI or FLI/FLC to IFF Anim5? IFF+IFF+...+IFF=IFF Anim5?

Post by Fredie J. Laybeerg » Wed, 07 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Give MainActor at try. It will do all the convertion you've
identified and more. You can download a trial version
of it from their web site at:

http://www.mainconcept.de/

>Does anyone knows a program (DOS or Amiga) to convert an AVI or an FLI/FLC
>file directly to a IFF Anum5 file? And a program to make a IFF Anim5 file
>from a series of IFF images?

>ciao
>sys6473

>PS: please reply in my mailbox too!

AVI or FLI/FLC to IFF Anim5? IFF+IFF+...+IFF=IFF Anim5?

Post by doob » Thu, 08 Oct 1998 04:00:00

On the DOS side of things, there is Autodesk's Animator Pro (not to be
confused with their awful Windows program 'Animator Studio'). I don't
think this program is sold or suppoted anymore (which is too bad
because for 8 bit animation its a great program), but it could load
amiga .anim files and save them as FLC/FLI files. It chokes on EHB or
AGA graphic modes tho. You are pretty much limited to the ECS chipset
of 32 colors.

>Does anyone knows a program (DOS or Amiga) to convert an AVI or an FLI/FLC
>file directly to a IFF Anum5 file? And a program to make a IFF Anim5 file
>from a series of IFF images?

>ciao
>sys6473
>PS: please reply in my mailbox too!

1. IFF? (more like semi-IFF)

I've got a copy of Intro to Amiga IFF ILBM Files and Amiga Viewmodes
and it says that "if the picture is 6 planes deep and has no CAMG chunk,
it is probably HAM". Is this really correct? If it is, it means I have
to put a 'CAMG' chunk if I want to save a non-ham 6-bit picture. Does it
apply to 7 and 8-bit pictures too?

The Intro also says that "Hopfully,... the package that saved it properly
saved a CAMG chunk". How is "probably" and "hopefully" defined in an IFF
algorithm? Does they implement a random function to determine if a CAMG
chunk will be included :?)

I also would like to know if Amiga programs (like DeluxePaint) can handle
6, 7, 8 and 24-bit IFF pictures.

If someone has any answers please post them.

/Nixxon

2. Welcome to my home-page

3. Difference with PC IFF->Amiga IFF?

4. Unusually slow rendering

5. Alias/Maya iff and Aminga IFF

6. file use in illustrator

7. IFF animations on Amiga to FLC on PC

8. >>> Color SCANNERS (HP vs. Cannon) + OCR, ADVICE NEEDED <<<

9. tga or iff to Avi converter

10. IFF still frames to Quicktime or AVI?

11. HELP : IFF's to JPG

12. Convert GIF anim to IFF anim

13. GIF to IFF