BOOK: "Becoming a Computer Animator"

Post by Jay Vaugh » Wed, 07 Sep 1994 05:12:18

This is an excellent introductory book for the new computer animator.

Here's a few questions - in case someone out there might have an answer:

1. What is Michael Morrison's e-mail address.
2. Where is the BLBGUI10.EXE that is mentioned on Page 10, but can't be
   found on the CD-ROM -- this is a metaball editor apparently, that can
   be used with Truespace.  Since I have the full version of Truespace,
   I'm interested in obtaining this utility.

j.
Jay Vaughan

EarthLink Network, Inc.               |  http://earthlink.net/Jay/home.html
Internet Service Provider             |  Voice: 213-644-9500

WWW: <http://www.earthlink.net>       |  Los Angeles, CA 90039

Post by angus y montgome » Thu, 08 Sep 1994 21:38:00

> This is an excellent introductory book for the new computer animator.
> Here's a few questions - in case someone out there might have an answer:
> 1. What is Michael Morrison's e-mail address.
> 2. Where is the BLBGUI10.EXE that is mentioned on Page 10, but can't be
>    found on the CD-ROM -- this is a metaball editor apparently, that can
>    be used with Truespace.  Since I have the full version of Truespace,
>    I'm interested in obtaining this utility.

>So am I :-)
>BTW I'm also interested in this book you mention.
>Could you please give some more info: author, ISBN# e.a. ?

if you'd only read the FAQ :)
(ok, so it's late again)

Morrison, Mike, "Becoming a Computer Animator", Prentice-Hall, 1994.
 { covers computer animation history, technology (and how to keep up
   with it), techniques.  with tutorials, interviews with industry
   luminaries, buyer's guide (s/w and h/w), how to find work, getting
   an education.  a chapter ea. on: television, motion pictures,
   visualisation, forensic, games.  incl. 600Mb CD-ROM of PC & Mac
   animation and software. }

i've got a more extensive blurb if anyone's interested.

.angus.
--

Post by Bjorn-Kare Nilss » Thu, 08 Sep 1994 04:02:56

> This is an excellent introductory book for the new computer animator.

> Here's a few questions - in case someone out there might have an answer:

> 1. What is Michael Morrison's e-mail address.
> 2. Where is the BLBGUI10.EXE that is mentioned on Page 10, but can't be
>    found on the CD-ROM -- this is a metaball editor apparently, that can
>    be used with Truespace.  Since I have the full version of Truespace,
>    I'm interested in obtaining this utility.

So am I :-)

BTW I'm also interested in this book you mention.
Could you please give some more info: author, ISBN# e.a. ?

oooo   Grimsvollen 30      :
oooo   N-4616 Kristiansand :
oooo   NORWAY          :

Post by Brian Ro » Fri, 09 Sep 1994 08:51:40

: This is an excellent introductory book for the new computer animator.

I recently bought this book. My gripe with it is that
many (most?) of the tutorials use TrueSpace (Windows),
whereas I'm using a Macintosh.  I feel a bit deceived by
this; the book should clearly indicate that the text is geared
towards Windows applications.

--
_____________
 Brian Ross  \__________________

 Disclaimer: I speak for myself.                    \_____________________
 http://sandcastle.cosc.brocku.ca/bross/index.html     Feel the bass.     \

BOOK: "Becoming a Computer Animator"

Post by mi.. » Sat, 10 Sep 1994 08:37:08

mail

> Newsgroups: comp.graphics.animation
> Subject: Re: BOOK: "Becoming a Computer Animator"
> Date: 6 Sep 1994 21:02:56 +0200

> > This is an excellent introductory book for the new computer animator.

> > Here's a few questions - in case someone out there might have an answer:

> > 1. What is Michael Morrison's e-mail address.
> > 2. Where is the BLBGUI10.EXE that is mentioned on Page 10, but can't be
> >    found on the CD-ROM -- this is a metaball editor apparently, that can
> >    be used with Truespace.  Since I have the full version of Truespace,
> >    I'm interested in obtaining this utility.

> So am I :-)

> BTW I'm also interested in this book you mention.
> Could you please give some more info: author, ISBN# e.a. ?

> oooo   Grimsvollen 30      :
> oooo   N-4616 Kristiansand :
> oooo   NORWAY             :

I'm the Author, the ISBN is 0-672-30463-5

                                -MM

Post by mi.. » Sat, 10 Sep 1994 08:39:27

> Newsgroups: comp.graphics.animation

> Subject: Re: BOOK: "Becoming a Computer Animator"

> Date: Wed, 7 Sep 1994 23:51:40 GMT

> : This is an excellent introductory book for the new computer animator.

> I recently bought this book. My gripe with it is that
> many (most?) of the tutorials use TrueSpace (Windows),
> whereas I'm using a Macintosh.  I feel a bit deceived by
> this; the book should clearly indicate that the text is geared
> towards Windows applications.

Yea, sorry about that. I'll try to work some kind of cross-platform
software into the next edition.

                                        -MM