Creating 3D Representations of Faces

Post by Charles Shaha » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 10:46:51

Hi: Is there any software that can transform a two-dimensional image of a
face, into a three-dimensional representation? I would appreciate any
suggestions regarding this possibility.

Thanks,
-Charles

Post by Glau » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 21:46:52

> Hi: Is there any software that can transform a two-dimensional image of a
> face, into a three-dimensional representation? I would appreciate any
> suggestions regarding this possibility.

> Thanks,
> -Charles

Hello Charles, I have found the program that it tries to you;
"Digimask LaunchPad2" is called. With this program taking advantage of
2 images it is possible to reconstruct a face in 3D.
Bye bye
        - Glauco from italy-

Creating 3D Representations of Faces

Post by MSu10493 » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 22:02:32

the new poser does this, too.

Creating 3D Representations of Faces

Post by alla » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 06:05:23

There are quite a few ( d-sculptor takes 16-whatever images of a 360 view
and will make a 3d image of it, it uses a Photoshop like interface (marquees
and such) and you trace around the images in the views...Canoma ( an old
metacreations program) is good for this as well, but is basically just a
primitives modeller...you only need one image and you create a primitive and
apply material.

Quote:> Hi: Is there any software that can transform a two-dimensional image of a
> face, into a three-dimensional representation? I would appreciate any
> suggestions regarding this possibility.

> Thanks,
> -Charles

Creating 3D Representations of Faces

Post by AA » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 00:18:07

www.biovirtual.com

=> 3DMeNow Pro
=> Full Body Pack

:-)

Post by Reb » Tue, 15 Jul 2003 12:53:15

>Hi: Is there any software that can transform a two-dimensional image of a
>face, into a three-dimensional representation? I would appreciate any
>suggestions regarding this possibility.

>Thanks,
>-Charles

I recall using an old, now discontinued program called Avatar Maker, by Sven Technologies.
It was similar to Poser, but much more basic in figures and clothing. It had the option to wrap a
bitmapped texture over a 3D mesh. It would process a photoscan of a human face and map it
onto a pre-formed 3D head. This was useful in creating realistic heads and faces for the
avatar bodies. Unfortunally, there seem to be no copies left of the program.
Basically, what you need to do is find a program that can accomplish this.