Encoding MPEGs

Post by Roland Wunderlic » Wed, 27 Mar 1996 04:00:00

I have been modeling an animation about 3.5 minutes in length in 3D
Studio R4 and I was wondering what would be the best way to encode this
into a video file (perferably MPEG and not flc because of size).  I want
to try and use as little hard drive space with the unencoded still files
(max 200 MB) and then mix an audio track, which I have as both a wav
file and encoded as an MPEG layer 2 audio file.  What software is
available to encode this kind of thing and mix MPEG video and audio?
Thanks.

Roland Wunderlich

1. Virus encoded in mpegs?!@

I have heard that there are virus' floating around in mpeg files. The latest
one I   think is called ripper. It's a  polymorphic(?) strain that runs
 havoc after the  mpeg file has been played. Unfortunately,
I have also been told that there is no virus checker that is out
  that is able to detect this virus. Anyone have any
thoughts about this?!
It is truly a sad day, that one cannot even view a little flic and
get zapped by af*&$%in' trojan!

Booker

2. dvd picture show missing components...

3. Newbie - Downloading multi-part mpegs

4. Implememting Text in OpenGL

5. breaking MPEGs into frames?

6. AppleScript & PM6.0

7. (Imagemagik) creating multi-image files (mpegs)

8. Mpegs not playing correctly.... using avi2mpg1

9. Making MPEGs

10. New [POV] tech-mpegs on AnimA !

11. W3 site for MPEGs of Mandelbrot Set done on SGI's POWERChallenge

12. mpegs of 3D terrain