Real-time video image enhancing systems

Post by Ken Hartm » Thu, 22 Dec 1994 00:29:00

Does anyone know of a real-time graphics system that takes an on-line
video image and allows a user to enhance the image 1.e. age, change hair
style/color....  I heard that such a system was being used commercially
by some high-end hair salon to give customers *previews* of what a new
hair style or color would look like when applied to them.  If anyone
knows of a system which can do this please e-mail me.

Ken Hartman

Post by Gary Beil » Thu, 22 Dec 1994 10:19:09

: Does anyone know of a real-time graphics system that takes an on-line
: video image and allows a user to enhance the image 1.e. age, change hair
: style/color....  I heard that such a system was being used commercially
: by some high-end hair salon to give customers *previews* of what a new
: hair style or color would look like when applied to them.  If anyone
: knows of a system which can do this please e-mail me.

Not really what you're asking, but.  I went to an SGI 'Onyx Rocks'
roadshow a few months ago and watched them demo an Onyx RE2 doing
awesome realtime video manipulation like 3D wipes, pandemonium Chaos
effects, photoshop filters - all at 1280x1076 24bit with no little
hourglasses!

1. Real-time rendering system becomes available

                                                           June 18, 1996

Hot Wax Software (HWS) announces the availability of rights to its
latest product "Latex:  The real-time rendering system."

This full-featured renderer has already gained popularity, yet hasn't
been marketed in any way other than a web page and word of mouth.

A real-time demo, list of features and API documentation can be found
at:

                HTTP://www.sojourn.com/~hotwax/web

Currently consisting of approximately 20,000 lines of tight C code
this product has a rather large set of features not previously found
in other renderers, including a multi-threaded multitasking kernel.

The company is currently accepting bids for *exclusive rights* to
this product which it had expected to license for as much as $30,000
for a source license.

The availability is due to outside opportunities that will prevent
the company from being able to further develop and support the
product.

Anonymous inquiries may be made to:

  Paul Nettle (founder, HWS)

      - or -

  See the web page for more contact information

Please do not reply to this news posting for information requests.

2. Spot colours in PS5

3. QRay - an interactive 3D modelling system in Java with built-in real-time raytracing engine

4. Fullscreen win32 and tearing

5. tutorial on real-time systems

6. IrisGL and OpenGL

7. CART-POLE CONTROL SYSTEM REAL-TIME ANIMATION SIMULATOR

8. Datafile

9. Best Real-time 3D graphics system

10. Real-time rendering system becomes available

11. Where can I find information on data structures used in real time rendering systems

12. Real Time video compression

13. Displaying video in real-time.