looking for converter: exporting directx 3d files (.x) to 3ds or cob

looking for converter: exporting directx 3d files (.x) to 3ds or cob

Post by Christian Cohne » Thu, 05 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Anybody here you knows of a tool
to convert .x files to
3DStudio format or Truespace ???

thanx
Christian

Post by Peter Kovac » Thu, 05 Jun 1997 04:00:00

> Anybody here you knows of a tool
> to convert .x files to
> 3DStudio format or Truespace ???

> thanx
> Christian

Wow - that's a first.  People always want to convert .3ds to .x but not
the other way around.

So far, there are no tools that do it since there are no tools to
generate .x files directly (without conversion).

How did you create you DirectX files in the first place?  I assume by
hand (hopefully using an algorithm)?

Peter

Post by Christian Cohne » Fri, 06 Jun 1997 04:00:00

> > Anybody here you knows of a tool
> > to convert .x files to
> > 3DStudio format or Truespace ???

> > thanx
> > Christian

> Wow - that's a first.  People always want to convert .3ds to .x but not
> the other way around.

:)

Quote:

> So far, there are no tools that do it since there are no tools to
> generate .x files directly (without conversion).

M$ perlicensed 2000 3D-files which now can be downloaded in .x format.
I really give a **** about DirectX just wanna have a look how
good they are.
My 3D-Enginer doesnt eat .x files yet (and will not in future) so
I am in need for a export-converter.

Quote:

> How did you create you DirectX files in the first place?  I assume by
> hand (hopefully using an algorithm)?

Why should I save them as .x files  in that case :)
Quote:

> Peter

bye
Chris

1. 3d studio/Max .3ds or TrueSpace .cob files into Lightwave .lwo files???-ryg

Hiya, i'm trying to locate a converter or some sort, that will change 3ds
objects or cob objects into Lightwave ones for the pc (or even amiga as i think
the pc version supports them ;o)

Can anyone help at all?

THanks
RYgz ;o)
Multimedia Student
imho- the best Hagen-Danz Ice cream is "STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE"
You REALLY must try it!! One tub goes REAL well with an episode of Star Trek.
(heh heh it takes about 45 minutes to tthaw completely anyway ;o)

Ryg'zy

2. Cyrix/IBM 686 and 3dsR4/MAX

3. (no subject)

4. 3DS Max file export plugins for DirectX.

5. LW[6] More newbie Qs: volumetric lights cast shadows

6. looking for a plug-in which export DirectX .x files

7. Sky Fly gives 3.5fps!!!

8. DirectX 3d file converter?

9. Looking for Keyframer to .3ds file converter

10. exporting 3ds for use in directX

11. Newbie needs information about converting .lwo files to .3ds files to use with DirectX

12. Exporting LightWave to DirectX X-File